Page 1 of 2
really though. all pros and cons considered, how well has the last month or so treated you?

Id say 7/10 for myself. Laptops broken, I have an ear infection and all my songs are gone but thats nothing permanent.

But enough about me how are you guys really

Are you making progress?

Have you regressed a bit?

It happens
I got hired on full time in April and am now making $11.80 an hour and actually getting paid overtime (I work 6 days a week) and get paid every week.

So that's pretty good I guess. But it really just means that now there's no escape. It really messes with me mentally, sometimes.

Thinking of saving up to buy a house or something now. Not like I have any other plans in life, you know? Idk, maybe I just need more time to figure it out or something.

6/10
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 8, 2016,
in the last month i've been down apart from one good weekend which was really really good

i need to develop a social circle where i live, but when you're an outsider who has no friends there where is your way in?

i did buy a car and can drive wherever i want now so that was my one big goal for this year accomplished

whats next?

i have regressed tho

5/10

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'm marginally happier than usual.

Working towards what I need to work towards. Simple as. In a week I'll likely "regress" again.

Summer is here so I can go out and make some nice sunny photographs

6/10 right now, 5 for the month.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I got hired on full time in April and am now making $11.80 an hour and actually getting paid overtime (I work 6 days a week) and get paid every week.

So that's pretty good I guess. But it really just means that now there's no escape.

Thinking of saving up to buy a house or something now. Not like I have any other plans in life, you know? I'm not bright enough for that.
Idk, maybe I just need more time to figure it out or something.

6/10

Thats a fair amount of money. Not exactly six figures but youre definitely better off than I am monetarily

What do you mean there's no escape?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
in the last month i've been down apart from one good weekend which was really really good

i need to develop a social circle where i live, but when you're an outsider who has no friends there where is your way in?

i did buy a car and can drive wherever i want now so that was my one big goal for this year accomplished

whats next?

i have regressed tho

5/10

Idk, all humans are vaguely social creatures whether they realize it or not. People like talking about themselves, all you have to do is ask

And then judge them harshly based on the first sixty seconds of talking to them ofc
In 2015 I was suicidal. In 2016 I'm the happiest I could possibly be. The only set-back was when a friend of mine, who also was my favorite singer and lyricist of all time died (presumably of kidney failure, though it may have been suicide). After 2015 though, someone could actively try to ruin every aspect of my life and I still wouldn't be as miserable as I was then, so by comparison alone I have to be doing pretty good.
If there is a God, it's me.
this last month was great

saw babymetal and hatsune miku live, got a raise at work, starting the writing process for an album, and have had enough free time to really do whatever i want to do

9/10 only downside is sleep has been even less than usual some nights but thats w/e
Quote by whywefight
Thats a fair amount of money. Not exactly six figures but youre definitely better off than I am monetarily

What do you mean there's no escape?
Because I never wanted a future here. I don't like the hours (night shift) and too much overtime. Not to mention the most time I ever get off is Christmas week for like 4 days because I have to go in and clean while everyone is gone.

I wanted to quit as soon as they said I'd be working 6 on 1 off / 12 on 2 off, which was on the first day. Which was 2 years ago. So I would search for something better but nothing ever turned up. Now it's too late for that so I have to suck it up.

To be fair, I don't think I'd like anywhere I'd work, but this does get incredibly tiring.

I don't think I'd mind it as much if I knew where I was heading. I really just want a career in music. It's the only thing in life I have a passion for, after all. And it's the only thing I can think of where I'd be working and happy, but I never know what to do or where to go or even sure if it would work. All the uncertainty I read doesn't help either.

But that's really my life's story more than it is how I've been lately.
Life hasn't really been blowing me back lately so I can't / shouldn't complain.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 8, 2016,
Quote by qrEE
In 2015 I was suicidal. In 2016 I'm the happiest I could possibly be. The only set-back was when a friend of mine, who also was my favorite singer and lyricist of all time died (presumably of kidney failure, though it may have been suicide). After 2015 though, someone could actively try to ruin every aspect of my life and I still wouldn't be as miserable as I was then, so by comparison alone I have to be doing pretty good.

Nice dude, 10/10. Sorry that your friend passed away.
Quote by soundgarden1986
this last month was great

saw babymetal and hatsune miku live, got a raise at work, starting the writing process for an album, and have had enough free time to really do whatever i want to do

9/10 only downside is sleep has been even less than usual some nights but thats w/e

Sweet, is your album heavily babymetal influenced? I wouldnt even judge
It's been okay. I've had some enjoyable days and watching my son slowly learning to talk has been great but I honestly don't know what to do with myself at the minute. I find myself getting spells of anxiety more frequently, probably due to struggling a bit financially at the moment, and I'm finding it hard to see a way out.

I enjoy working where I work and a lot of the time enjoy the job itself but I don't like my employers. I'm overpaid for what I do but not paid enough to be the main breadwinner of a family of three and I have few demonstrably transferable skills. I'm considering seeing if I could possibly find a job with another organisation on this site who know me well and seem to think highly of me, but I'm yet to really decide on a career I can work towards as doors have been closed every time I decide on one.

My wife is going back to uni to finish off a business degree in September which means something is going to have to improve financially. She's getting a maintenance loan but it's not enough to cover the loss of her wages from her current job, and on top of that we'll have to factor in childcare which, even with the financial assistance we'll get, is prohibitively expensive. So one or both of us is going to have to find a weekend job unless I get a significant increase in my earnings at some point in the next three months. Very unlikely.

So yeah, on the day-to-day it could be worse but it's tinged with an overbearing sense of dread about what the future holds.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Because I never wanted a future here. I don't like the hours (night shift) and too much overtime. Not to mention the most time I ever get off is Christmas week for like 4 days because I have to go in and clean while everyone is gone.

I wanted to quit as soon as they said I'd be working 6 on 1 off / 12 on 2 off, which was on the first day. Which was 2 years ago. So I would search for something better but nothing ever turned up. Now it's too late for that so I have to suck it up.

To be fair, I don't think I'd like anywhere I'd work, but this does get incredibly tiring.

I don't think I'd mind it as much if I knew where I was heading. I really just want a career in music. It's the only thing in life I have a passion for, after all. And it's the only thing I can think of where I'd be working and happy, but I never know what to do or where to go or even sure if it would work. All the uncertainty I read doesn't help either.

But that's really my life's story more than it is how I've been lately.
Life hasn't really been blowing me back lately so I can't / shouldn't complain.

I feel this. The worst part is I find that all it takes is a few drinks to get even the happiest people to admit that there are massive chunks of their job that they are disappointed and unhappy with. Im so disenamoured with the whole career process that its really difficult to pretend to be interested in a career path enough for potential employers to take notice.

But money tho.
Quote by soundgarden1986
nah its more newer circa/my bloody valentine/daisy era brand new influenced

we started as a straight shoegaze band but have started playing around with other stuff recently

im not lucky enough to be in a babymetal-esque band

Hey thats cool. Great influences, especially . That album's brilliant instrumentally
Quote by RAB11
It's been okay. I've had some enjoyable days and watching my son slowly learning to talk has been great but I honestly don't know what to do with myself at the minute. I find myself getting spells of anxiety more frequently, probably due to struggling a bit financially at the moment, and I'm finding it hard to see a way out.

I enjoy working where I work and a lot of the time enjoy the job itself but I don't like my employers. I'm overpaid for what I do but not paid enough to be the main breadwinner of a family of three and I have few demonstrably transferable skills. I'm considering seeing if I could possibly find a job with another organisation on this site who know me well and seem to think highly of me, but I'm yet to really decide on a career I can work towards as doors have been closed every time I decide on one.

My wife is going back to uni to finish off a business degree in September which means something is going to have to improve financially. She's getting a maintenance loan but it's not enough to cover the loss of her wages from her current job, and on top of that we'll have to factor in childcare which, even with the financial assistance we'll get, is prohibitively expensive. So one or both of us is going to have to find a weekend job unless I get a significant increase in my earnings at some point in the next three months. Very unlikely.

So yeah, on the day-to-day it could be worse but it's tinged with an overbearing sense of dread about what the future holds.

Would you say that having a kid has given you more purpose in life or would you say it's better to have yourself figured out before having children? It's interesting because one of my friends really wants a child and I think it would be about the best thing that could happen to him but I cant imagine it would help me, though Id be a kickass dad.
I sprained my wrist and I can't play the guitar. I can even try to play the guitar because it would make it worse. I could play the guitar before I sprained my wrist.
The first three weeks of May I felt great. I was walking around thinking "why do I feel so good" I'm not kidding you.
The sprained wrist isn't very bad. I'm 63 years old and arthritic to begin with . The older and more frail you get the longer and less complete the healing. Still, I hope for a rapid complete recovery. You mother sucks cocks in hell
Quote by whywefight
Would you say that having a kid has given you more purpose in life or would you say it's better to have yourself figured out before having children? It's interesting because one of my friends really wants a child and I think it would be about the best thing that could happen to him but I cant imagine it would help me, though Id be a kickass dad.

It's given me a purpose in life. I'm motivated to try and improve myself way more than I was when I was single. The flipside is my ability to make short-term sacrifice to achieve long-term goals is severely diminished by the need to provide. It's a vicious circle. If my wife and I had been smarter, we'd absolutely have waited till she finished Uni and got settled in a job, and for me to have nailed down a career before trying, but the fact is I was fairly listless back then and I probably would have never figured it out without a tangible reason to.

Now we want a second kid and we don't want too much of an age gap between it and mini-RAB mk1 but we wanna do it right. My wife wants to finish the degree more for personal closure than anything and I'm not gonna stand in the way of that, but I'm hoping that with the right placement and results she'll find herself in a full-time job fairly quickly. She sees herself in the short-term working in admin or as a PA, from there who knows but the dream for both of us is to own a small business, I'd love to run a cafe, she has an interest and qualification in floristry so those are both options should we ever build up the funds. I just need to decide how best to get me there without letting my family life suffer.

What I would say is that nobody is ever truly ready to have a kid. It's going to have a profound impact on you no matter your circumstances, but obviously the more settled you are the easier it is. The important thing is finding someone you'd want to raise a kid with though.

I thought it was a nice tag after I hope for rapid and complete recovery.

It's impolite to speak about somebody in the third person in their presence. It shows disrespect, thoughtlessness, disregard all the things that make this place what it is. That's another reason for the tag. Just trying to fit in. There are genuinely nice people here. I think in the minority I don't know I don't care carry-on all is well do not panic
Quote by whywefight
Idk, all humans are vaguely social creatures whether they realize it or not. People like talking about themselves, all you have to do is ask

And then judge them harshly based on the first sixty seconds of talking to them ofc

walking up to people on the street and chatting to them based on non-prearranged social situation is

odd

though

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'm pretty good.

I'm getting some more exercise, and it not only makes me feel healthier overall, but I've noticed that I'm also sleeping much better, which in turn makes for a much better day.

Work is good too. I'm doing some very interesting stuff, and my workload is much more relaxed than it was this time last year. Also have my annual evaluation in a few weeks, and I expect to hear good things. Hoping for a nice raise as well.

The only downer at the moment is that I don't have too many people to hang out with, on account of not living near my family and most of my friends. I enjoy being on my own, but it can still get pretty lonely at times. Vacation with my brother in a month tho
Quote by yope
I thought it was a nice tag after I hope for rapid and complete recovery.

It's impolite to speak about somebody in the third person in their presence. It shows disrespect, thoughtlessness, disregard all the things that make this place what it is. That's another reason for the tag. Just trying to fit in. There are genuinely nice people here. I think in the minority I don't know I don't care carry-on all is well do not panic
I thought you were just trying to bust out another "You stupid f***ing bastard" line.
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by EndTheRapture51
walking up to people on the street and chatting to them based on non-prearranged social situation is

odd

though

Yeahhh it is isnt it

Idk I get all my friends from work

Also yeah Im not having kids anytime soon
Quote by ultimate-slash
I'm pretty good.

I'm getting some more exercise, and it not only makes me feel healthier overall, but I've noticed that I'm also sleeping much better, which in turn makes for a much better day.

Work is good too. I'm doing some very interesting stuff, and my workload is much more relaxed than it was this time last year. Also have my annual evaluation in a few weeks, and I expect to hear good things. Hoping for a nice raise as well.

The only downer at the moment is that I don't have too many people to hang out with, on account of not living near my family and most of my friends. I enjoy being on my own, but it can still get pretty lonely at times. Vacation with my brother in a month tho

Cool Im hoping for a raise too, but I guess the last thing I need is reason to settle right now.

You should spend your loneliness on dank songs
I didn't really answer for the past month or so in particular. In the past month or so, I joined a Grind/Crust/whatever the fuck genre you wanna call it band in the area, and I wrote like 10 songs for that band or so, and then I recently wrote a side project album that's about 46 minutes long and it's some of the most technically demanding *and* emotionally driven music I've written yet. Haven't recorded it but I'll make demos of it once I can write lyrics that I'm satisfied with. On top of that, my main band (not the grind band, a different one) are working on our second album, and my guitarist for that band will also hopefully lay down some tracks for the side project. Aside from all of that I've been going to local shows and I'm hoping to get involved in some sort of volunteer work soon. The area I live in is very communal and very charity-based, and all of the local shows are free but they have "suggested donations" to help the bands and to help various organizations. The first one I went to, for example, donated the money to a domestic violence shelter. So I'm hoping to become a bit more active in all of that stuff since I've been wanting to do it for years but haven't had the opportunity until now.
If there is a God, it's me.
apartment broken into because im stupid, probably getting fired from the easiest job there is, the stage is set for shit to get even worse in a month or two, still no legitimate reason for why i deserve to be alive.

but im rich so 10/10

today i sat in a car for three hours to see if id pass out and i couldnt even do that lol
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 8, 2016,
Quote by qrEE

This in every way
The past month has been a little lower than usual, and the past week a near nightmare, but it's still better than 90% of last year
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by whywefight
Yeahhh it is isnt it

Idk I get all my friends from work

Also yeah Im not having kids anytime soon

everyone at work is way older than me and has kids

Cambridge is a uni town.

Go see some local shows and talk to people, you will find some your age.

Quote by whywefight
Cool Im hoping for a raise too, but I guess the last thing I need is reason to settle right now.

You should spend your loneliness on dank songs

I might start working towards an album. What do you think of the title "Embracing bottles", with the subtitle "If bottles had arms they would just push you under"?

I might have to become an alcoholic to pull this off tho
Quote by RAB11
Cambridge is a uni town.

i need to find the local #scene

Quote by RAB11
Cambridge is a uni town.

Yeah but even CAMBRIDGE is a uni town

the nightclubs will be covered in sick, semen and spilled drinks

Bill Bailey is playing on the 15th tho u should go to that Rapture
On the up, especially compared to the shit show of last year.

Soon gonna leave the job I've been in for 9 years to tour America before I spend a year in Australia.

Because I can.
Pretty good I guess, all things considered.

I have the stress of finding somewhere to live at the moment as I'll be moving in August/September, so that's been a bit of a pain.

But I've got a good, well-paying job.

I'm in a loving relationship.

The past year is probably the healthiest/fittest I've been in my entire life.

And I've got a month of non-stop football to look forward to beginning Friday.

So I can't complain too much.
Crap. Made a few small steps in the right direction but I feel further behind for various reasons.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Banjocal
Yeah but even CAMBRIDGE is a uni town

the nightclubs will be covered in sick, semen and spilled drinks

Bill Bailey is playing on the 15th tho u should go to that Rapture

all the students who go to actual cambridge are proper weird man

they go to fancy balls and stuff

if you're in the town in the evening it's full of people in harry potter robes

Page 1 of 2