i need to get a third board up and going (yes i am a wh0re).

i am looking for general ideas, but i am not wanting to spend much over $100 a pedal (used on reverb dot com). i have a lot of pedals already, but i need a few more. not looking for boss/digitech/etc. also not looking for the mooer/tone city/biyang/cheap knockoffs.

analog delay - must be BBD. HBE delay? way huge echopuss? what else is there?
reverb - i have no idea.
modulation - either analog chorus or phaser
flanger - ???
compressor - i don't want squashed. maybe the barber tone press?
wah (i put up another thread) - most likely morely maybe budda or another fulltone clyde

notes:

the EQD ghost echo seems pretty cool.
i have always loved the EHX holy grail (not the nano) but they aren't cheap.
i would love the EHX cathedral, but that is way over budget.
maybe a malekko chicklet? (surprise surprise).
has anybody tried the cmatmods signacomp?
HBE phaser or chorus?

i have about an extra 10 or so OD pedals sitting around and have been building fuzzes so not in need of those at the moment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well, you already know about the VisualSound H20 v2, but if you want a different chorus with a smaller footprint, you might want to look at the Catalinbread Callisto. I found this one right at your budget limit:
https://reverb.com/item/2324814-catalinbread-callisto

I have heard good things about the DigiTech Polara, but haven't gotten to try one myself.
https://reverb.com/item/2346655-digitech-polara-2015
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 8, 2016,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Well, you already know about the VisualSound H20 v2, but if you want a different chorus with a smaller footprint, you might want to look at the Catalinbread Callisto. I found this one right at your budget limit:
https://reverb.com/item/2324814-catalinbread-callisto

I have heard good things about the DigiTech Polara, but haven't gotten to try one myself.
https://reverb.com/item/2346655-digitech-polara-2015

thanks for the callisto recommendation. i will be picking one of those up for sure.

i was thinking about just picking up a second H2O, as it gets the job done. does the v2 still use a bbd circuit on the chorus?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
If you're not sure between chorus/phaser/flanger I'd look at the TC electronic Dreamscape as that as multiple modes within it.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
If you're not sure between chorus/phaser/flanger I'd look at the TC electronic Dreamscape as that as multiple modes within it.

thanks!

i am not really looking at the TCE stuff. some of it does sound good, but i am more along the analog spectrum and i don't like messing with the tone print stuff. also its a little pricey, i could buy two different pedals at that price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
For what it's worth, I have a Way Huge Supa Puss and while it's on the pricey side of mass-produced analog delay it is a really nice pedal. Same as the Echo Puss and the Aqua Puss but with tap tempo and a couple other nice tempo controls. If you don't need that, the Echo Puss will do nicely.

Compressor if you don't want squashed, I think the Malekko may well be a good choice for you, since it seems to be a pretty transparent one, but that's only slightly better than hearsay. I'd also direct your own rec of the Philosopher's Tone back at you, since it has the blend and sensitivity controls to get things sounding the way you want them.

Chorus I'm going to go ahead and drop the usual recommendation of the MXR Analog Chorus for one.

Also, the early '80s Maxon-built Ibanez choruses (CS-505 and CS9) and flangers (FL-301 and FL9) pop up regularly on Reverb and eBay with prices ranging from sensible to definitely-not-sensible, as well as reissues and the mini version of the former, which all seem to be pretty solid units.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
For what it's worth, I have a Way Huge Supa Puss and while it's on the pricey side of mass-produced analog delay it is a really nice pedal. Same as the Echo Puss and the Aqua Puss but with tap tempo and a couple other nice tempo controls. If you don't need that, the Echo Puss will do nicely.

Compressor if you don't want squashed, I think the Malekko may well be a good choice for you, since it seems to be a pretty transparent one, but that's only slightly better than hearsay. I'd also direct your own rec of the Philosopher's Tone back at you, since it has the blend and sensitivity controls to get things sounding the way you want them.

Chorus I'm going to go ahead and drop the usual recommendation of the MXR Analog Chorus for one.

Also, the early '80s Maxon-built Ibanez choruses (CS-505 and CS9) and flangers (FL-301 and FL9) pop up regularly on Reverb and eBay with prices ranging from sensible to definitely-not-sensible, as well as reissues and the mini version of the former, which all seem to be pretty solid units.

1. what are you thoughts on echo puss vs. aqua puss? i am liking the echopuss better, but i haven't tried it though.

2. maybe i will just go malekko. i like the philosopher's king, i really like the compression, but i think a the PT would be too redundant. the malekko is pretty cheap. lol. and small.

3. i will look into the maxon and ibanez stuff.

thanks
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
1. what are you thoughts on echo puss vs. aqua puss? i am liking the echopuss better, but i haven't tried it though.

I dig what I've heard of both, but for me the tone control on the Echo really sells it over the Aqua. I can live without modulation, but the tone control really helps you decide whether you're talking defined echoes or just ~atmospheric~ singing trails on whatever you're playing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I dig what I've heard of both, but for me the tone control on the Echo really sells it over the Aqua. I can live without modulation, but the tone control really helps you decide whether you're talking defined echoes or just ~atmospheric~ singing trails on whatever you're playing.

that is kind of what i have been reading. echopuss it will likely be.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks!

i am not really looking at the TCE stuff. some of it does sound good, but i am more along the analog spectrum and i don't like messing with the tone print stuff. also its a little pricey, i could buy two different pedals at that price.

Fair enough! Horses for courses I quite like most of their stuff, but then again I'm less inclined towards analogue atm. Ahh you're in the US, I'm in the UK and the TCE stuff isn't too bad. I agree the toneprint is a faff though.

To say something helpful, I have used the Aqua puss and its very good (not my bag but very good). Also have you looked at some Moog stuff Minifooger range? Their tremolo is amazing
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Also have you looked at some Moog stuff Minifooger range? Their tremolo is amazing

That's a good point. I've been bemoaning my purchase of their ring mod, because it's a stupid and largely useless effect, but the quality is great and I hear their flanger is particularly good.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
That's a good point. I've been bemoaning my purchase of their ring mod, because it's a stupid and largely useless effect, but the quality is great and I hear their flanger is particularly good.

i will have to do some searching/

thanks Shredx!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup

i was thinking about just picking up a second H2O, as it gets the job done. does the v2 still use a bbd circuit on the chorus?

AFAIK, they never changed the circuitry design on the V2...at least, not until the TrueTone V3 version.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 8, 2016,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
AFAIK, they never changed the circuitry design on the V2.

ok. same bypass? or diid it change?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
danny, check this thread, i am thinking you may have my answer.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1703637
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Don't think any of it did.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Don't think any of it did.

huh. i will have to do some digging.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!