This might sound impossible, but i'm experiencing a lot of issues with the amount of volume i'm able to get out of my MIG60/1960a (4x12) setup. My other guitarist is running a MIG50 through an 8ohm Sunn 4x12 and blows me out of the water with my volume nearly maxed and his around the minimum. It's truly perplexing at this point. I know wattage doesn't mean volume and he's got a pretty nice cab, but it still doesn't make sense. Even my fender hot rod is way louder than my half stack.

So my question, of course, is whether or not i'm doing something wrong. Here's the rundown:
Soviet MIG 60 = 1x 4ohm output, 1x 8ohm output, 1x16ohm output, line out.
Marshall 1960a = selectable ohms - mono at 4/16 or stereo at 8 per input.

I've been running it at 4ohms assuming thats the way to get the most volume. But i'm wondering if theres maybe a way to run it in stereo, or something else that i haven't considered. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!
New England Style Alt - falseindigo.bandcamp.com
Sultry Cosmic Rock - pinfinger.bandcamp.com
90s Death Metal shit - slavestatedeath.bandcamp.com
CT Hardcore Punk - contemptct.bandcamp.com
Can you try to run your head through your friends cab?

And vis versa your friends head through your cab? Might help troubleshoot the problem
maybe your power tubes are on the way out?

i must say though my MIG50 is LOUD. it is stupidly loud. i haven't tried a MIG60 though.

as long as the head's impedance matches the cab's impedance it doesn't really matter.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/