WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Not me- the most mainstream pick I'm using routinely are Pick Boy Carbon Nylons, like these (except I get the .88s):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?N=210241&Ntt=Pickboy+carbon+nylon&sB=r#narrowSideBar

....and the ever popular Stubbys.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I would never have tried a Gravity or a V-Pick if I hadn't received one free at some point or another from their makers. I was (and still am, pretty much) good with Dunlop big stubbies (about 3mm, as I recall) as my only production pick for lead playing, and Pick Punch picks (punched out of odd materials and out-of-date credit and gift cards) for those sitting-on-a-sand-bar Kumbaya moments with an acoustic.

All that said, my current fave is a Gravity pick, specifically a 2mm Razer standard. Too expensive at around $6. Edgar Weinerhead Chapman ("Chappers") has deigned to designate, fortitiously enough, the 2mm Razer Standard as his favorite pick as well, and since he's a well-known Chap on YouTube, he gets freebies and a chance to put his signature and customization on said 2mm Razer Standards, and since those customizations mesh with what I'd do if I were customizing, I now use (*hack, ptui*) Chapman Signature Gravity 2mm Razer Standards in a smoke grey Translucent with a sort of matte-finish edge. Still costs exactly the same $6 per frickin' pick, which dictates that I *not* lose the floggers or toss them rockstar-style into an audience or leave them out where my pick-thieving friends can find them, but they're easier to see when dropped than the clear ice-blue versions that are standard.

So I wait for the 20 and 30 percent off sales and order a dozen at a crack and cork-sniff happily away.
I was wondering when the big makers would make a more boutique pick...

however...ultex is a vastly inferior material to what gravity and vpicks are using.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
these (not necessraily premium) look interesting

:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar-picks/dava-jazz-grips-pick-6-pack

and these i am going to order soon:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar-picks/pick-boy-hi-modulous-carbon-nylon-reefer-pick-10-pack

i have been using the same picks for so long now that i never really adventured out. i like the carbon fiber dunlop max grip jazz iii's. they are pretty reasonable and the grip is grippy, and they last forever.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I hate ultex and gravity's picks have always been way too great (and they allow slightly sharper shapes, which I love). Plus, I like buying local and supporting smallish bizzes that do a great job
I was into the standard tortex sharps for a while, now I'm using the tortex jazz IIIs, I may look into these... Really I'm not particularly hard to please pick-wise, so long as it is around 1.14mm, and I definitely prefer a sharp one.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
What's the benefit of a really fancy pick anyway? Not meant as a dig because I seriously don't know. I pretty much just use any old pick.

Heck, my friends make fun of me cause I still use these things:

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What's the benefit of a really fancy pick anyway? Not meant as a dig because I seriously don't know. I pretty much just use any old pick.

Depends on the pick.

Some have a better grip, some are stiffer, some are more durable.

My agate or jade picks glide over strings like glass.

I know one maker makes thick, stiffened felt picks, which must have a virtually nonexistent attack.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz at #34000831
Depends on the pick.

Some have a better grip, some are stiffer, some are more durable.

My agate or jade picks glide over strings like glass.

I know one maker makes thick, stiffened felt picks, which must have a virtually nonexistent attack.

That sounds really weird. The rocks and coins I guess I can understand to a certain extent but FELT!?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I may have to pester my local store to order a few of those so can try em. I'm a V Picks guy myself. I tried some Pick Boy picks a while back (bone and horn) and they were solid picks...up til the time they wore down, which was very quick for a $6 pick. But I digress. Only thing I see about these is the Jazz III shape that I don't care much for, but that's just me.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
As much as I love my Dunlop Jazz IIIs, I've never been a big fan of "expensive" picks. While companies boast about how they won't wear down or that they're indestructible, those claims have never impressed me. Mainly because I don't break picks or wear them down. I lose picks. I don't know if they warp into another dimension or if they are made to disintegrate when it reaches an acceleration of 9.8 m/s², but the only way I would buy a boutique pick is if it had LED lights come on when it hits the ground or equipped with GPS. Otherwise, the slight tonal difference or increased comfort isn't worth the investment.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Heck, my friends make fun of me cause I still use these things:

They kicked sand in my face until...

I like the Razers because they're ultra stiff and seriously pointy.
Way back when, my favorite pick was a Fender Medium.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Did you sound how it felt?

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Some of the ones in the search specifically said they were for bass, some said guitar.