like sometimes ill yawn so frequently that it hurts like my muscles can't take it or something

could you imagine tearing a jaw muscle because you just yawned too much

ouch
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I've yawned so hard that it cramped my jaw and hurt like hell for a couple days afterwards. Yawns are more painful on me than screaming death metal.
If there is a God, it's me.
This thread made me yawn.
Quote by ehbacon at #34001200
I've never yawned so much it hurt, but hiccuping hurts like a bitch sometimes.
Yeah, I've had three or four hiccup crisis where I hiccuped for four hours. Most times I was tipsy. Shit's unpleasant and borderline painful after some time.
Quote by seventh_angel
This thread made me yawn.Yeah, I've had three or four hiccup crisis where I hiccuped for four hours. Most times I was tipsy. Shit's unpleasant and borderline painful after some time.

yeah, when I hiccup it hurts my chest a lot. Like my hiccups are intense as fuck and every time I have them I can't concentrate on anything else but getting rid of them
I read the title and felt compelled to yawn

Fuck you
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Just reading the word yawn made me yawn. That and it's past my bedtime.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Yawning so hard your lungs hurt hmd
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
My eyes water when I yawn. When I used to go to church as a kid I would yawn a lot, so much so that by the end of mass it looked like I had been crying at the glory.

I'm sorry Jeebus
Quote by Rebel Scum
My eyes water when I yawn. When I used to go to church as a kid I would yawn a lot, so much so that by the end of mass it looked like I had been crying at the glory.

I'm sorry Jeebus

Dude you're me! It fucking sucks in the morning when I have to constantly wipe my eyes
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
My eyes water super easy when I laugh. Doesn't even have to be that hard.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
My eyes water super easy when I laugh. Doesn't even have to be that hard.

Tears of joy
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
i had this anxiety related thing a few years ago where it felt like i couldnt catch my breath all day every day. ended up yawning every few minutes 10 times in a row, too.

and to go along with the whole feeling like i couldnt breathe, i couldnt quite finish the yawn.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Boring threads make me yawn
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

it's standard that your eyes water when you yawn

this is very useful if you wear contacts and your eyes are too dry in the morning to comfortably put your lenses in

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
this is very useful if you wear contacts and your eyes are too dry in the morning to comfortably put your lenses in

good info

does yawning pick all the grit out of your eyes too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfZ70LGKa4U
animals yawning
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i had this anxiety related thing a few years ago where it felt like i couldnt catch my breath all day every day. ended up yawning every few minutes 10 times in a row, too.

and to go along with the whole feeling like i couldnt breathe, i couldnt quite finish the yawn.

I get that sometimes when I'm trying to sleep, the fkin worst feeling.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

yeah i've had this happen too. kind of that constant feeling of just before the climax of the yawn, where the full breath isn't satisfied and there's that constant just short of breath thing. really not pleasant at all.

did you also get that thing where like your stomach muscles keep twitching? i've had it in conjunction with the constant yawn thing and idk wtf it is, or really how to describe it
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
yeah i've had this happen too. kind of that constant feeling of just before the climax of the yawn, where the full breath isn't satisfied and there's that constant just short of breath thing. really not pleasant at all.

did you also get that thing where like your stomach muscles keep twitching? i've had it in conjunction with the constant yawn thing and idk wtf it is, or really how to describe it

no stomach twitches, but i had regular stomach/intestinal issues made worse by the anxiety.

i had my lungs and heart checked when it was going on and nothing came up in any of the tests.

i still get it every now and then, but docs/therapists told me to do breathing exercise type things and it's never been as bad as it was for those few months. i thought i was having an asthma attack for the first time in my life.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
yawning is an important evolutionary mechanism bc it tells you how much your mouth can hold
Thread title made me yawn. I was barely able to suppress further yawns while reading the thread. Damnit I just yawned again. I've never had a painful yawn though.

For the past few days right when I wake up I start sneezing over and over one after the other with no breaks to the point where I can barely get a breath in before another sneeze hits, like 10 times in a row. Then I don't sneeze for the whole rest of the day.
I know you all know yawning is contagious. Even dogs are susceptible. If a human or a dog sees someone yawning there's a good chance they to will yawn. I have not started to begin my studies of other species being susceptible to contagious yawning. Perhaps I never will.
I do not know if all species of mammalian life yawn. I have never seen a snake yawn. I have never seen an insect do it. I have never seen a birdie yawning. I saw a lion yawning on a TV show. I don't think I remember ever seeing the cat Jan or a horse Jan from now on when I say Jan it means that thing that the people do when they get tired because my speech recognition things thinks that Jan is that thing that people do when they get tired. Jan Jan Ike can understand I cannot freaking understand why it thinks that thing that people do when they get tired sounds like the first month of the year. WTF I give up I succumb.
Quote by yope
I know you all know yawning is contagious. Even dogs are susceptible. If a human or a dog sees someone yawning there's a good chance they to will yawn. I have not started to begin my studies of other species being susceptible to contagious yawning. Perhaps I never will.
I do not know if all species of mammalian life yawn. I have never seen a snake yawn. I have never seen an insect do it. I have never seen a birdie yawning. I saw a lion yawning on a TV show. I don't think I remember ever seeing the cat Jan or a horse Jan from now on when I say Jan it means that thing that the people do when they get tired because my speech recognition things thinks that Jan is that thing that people do when they get tired. Jan Jan Ike can understand I cannot freaking understand why it thinks that thing that people do when they get tired sounds like the first month of the year. WTF I give up I succumb.

Pretty sure none of these bolded animals are mammals. You probably weren't implying that, but still, I can't pass up an opportunity to be right.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
When I was a kid, the orthodontist put these weird metal bars in my mouth that went from my top to bottom jaw. They were to move my bottom jaw forward. But once I yawned extra hard and my mouth got stuck open. It hurt really bad and I had to make my mouth open even wider to get the bars to slide back into place.
yesterday I was getting up from my desk to leave my office and I yawned at the same time. I don't know exactly what happened but I must have pulled a muscle in my neck or something because I got a HUGE cramp all the way from my lower jaw all the way to my side (next to my belly button)

It was seriously the worst pain I felt in.... I dunno... a while. It lasted about a minute and during that time I would have been unable to take a step or pick something up to save my life

Fuck you yawn!
Last edited by flexiblemile at Jun 10, 2016,
Quote by flexiblemile
yesterday I was getting up from my desk to leave my office and I yawned at the same time. I don't know exactly what happened but I must have pulled a muscle in my neck or something because I got a HUGE cramp all the way from my lower jaw all the way to my side (next to my belly button)

It was seriously the worst pain I felt in.... I dunno... a while. It lasted about a minute and during that time I would have been unable to take a step or pick something up to save my life

Fuck you yawn!

that is something. You must've operated two sets of muscles simultaneously that went against each other. I get knotted up muscles just under the last rib on the left-hand side. That particular knot comes from my shoulder blade around my ribs and down into there . The point is it's all connected everything in your body one thing gets unbalanced and you find yourself in an unpleasant situation.
Quote by Gatecrasher53
Pretty sure none of these bolded animals are mammals. You probably weren't implying that, but still, I can't pass up an opportunity to be right.

I did not say they were mammals nor did I imply it. I said I didn't know if all mammals yawn then I said some other species that I've never seen yawn .
If you think I was saying a bird or a snake or an insect is a mammal you're wrong. I did not say that. You just thought, I said that. Okay?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

it may have been a yawn it may not have. Pelicans I'm sure have an extensive set of complicated muscles in that area to be able to deal with swallowing fish whole. He may have been just stretching them out.
I'm not saying it was not a yawn . I'm saying it was not a yawn because someone wrote that it was. Think of it like this: if I were to say a virus yawns it wouldn't be true just because I said it.
Quote by qrEE
I've yawned so hard that it cramped my jaw and hurt like hell for a couple days afterwards. Yawns are more painful on me than screaming death metal.

Dude I used to get that all the time in my late teens. A massive cramp in the fleshy bit under your chin. Would hurt so much that I'd either not be able to open my mouth, or not be able to close it. Always happened when yawning. Haven't had it for years... hope to never experience it again.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by yope
it may have been a yawn it may not have. Pelicans I'm sure have an extensive set of complicated muscles in that area to be able to deal with swallowing fish whole. He may have been just stretching them out.
I'm not saying it was not a yawn . I'm saying it was not a yawn because someone wrote that it was. Think of it like this: if I were to say a virus yawns it wouldn't be true just because I said it.

sure i don't know shit about pelicans i just thought it was a funny and moderately relevant video