I'm not looking to sell my guitar, but I am wondering how much I would get from the signatures it has in the future. It is a little 129$ bullet strat. HH pickups, but it has signatures from a couple musicians. Damon Johnson, Ryan Roxie, Nita Strauss & Derek Williams have all signed it, and I also have a guitar strap with all of Everclear's, and Devil City's Angels signatures. Would this gain value later on?
METAL
\m/ \m/
I understand the signatures now are worthless, but in the future, would they be worth more?
METAL
\m/ \m/
potentially yes but I wouldn't count on it. of course if one of them died or suddenly got huge then the autographs might be worth something. no one can really predict that though.
Generally speaking, autographed guitars haven't seen their value increase because of the autograph. As monwobobbo observes, no one can predict it.
And even if they did become famous, don't count on it boosting the value all that much. Go check any store that sells verified autographed photos or other memoribilia. Most autographs only add @$100 to an item unless the person is truly of iconic cultural or historical import.

And even then, the big dollars are only for items they'd be personally associated with, like a guitar they actually played.

That said, it might still be a great keepsake. If nothing else, you get to tell stories about how you met X musician before they made it. Or puzzle why they didn't.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Unless the signature is of someone famous, and you have proof (photos and proper documentation) the guitar was played live, recorded with, or personally owned by said famous person, it is not going to add much if anything. You may find that one fan of (insert name here) who will pay more for it, but don't expect to retire on it... or much else.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Auriemma at #34001840
Unless the signature is of someone famous, and you have proof (photos and proper documentation) the guitar was played live, recorded with, or personally owned by said famous person, it is not going to add much if anything. You may find that one fan of (insert name here) who will pay more for it, but don't expect to retire on it... or much else.

Honestly, even if they are, depending on the guitar, the signature would still take away from the value.

Like when Sambora signed the back of the HS on his actual '59 he sold recently. I mean he was probably coked out of his mind and thought it would be a cool little thing to do but really, most people don't think of him when they think of '59 LPs so to most people looking at the guitar, the thing has been ruined. From what I understand, the thing sold for less then the usual suspects too because of the signature

Moreso, unless you're a big guitar nerd, most of the names you got to sign your guitars are pretty much unknown so the signatures are probably even more worthless. To my knowledge, none of them even play a Stratocaster regularly so that's even more of a "huh" if you were looking to get rid of it.

You're market for this thing is essentially:

A) People that know who these people are
B) People that know who these people are but don't play music and don't want a signature model
B) People that know who these people are AND are willing to pay for a Bullet Strat with their signatures

Which IMO is pretty narrow. Maybe you can make a bit on Ebay or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
As others have said, the value on an inexpensive guitar will be none to small. It is only a big deal when it can be shown that the guitar in questionw as actually used on a regular basis by the person in question - and even then I can see that a signature might devalue it.
Since the signers don't even use that model it's totally non-relevant to begin with.

Where signatures add value is to signed Artist models with limited production runs and the artist signs those at the production facility, signing those unsigned models afterwards probably wont devalue them but likely won't increase $$$ either. But even the unsigned versions of the Artist models can cost big $$$ to begin with. A prime example is a Jimmy Page LP or Pearly Gates model.
Moving on.....
I'd reckon unless it was signed someone like Hendrix or Clapton or The Beatles it won't add much unless you found a crazy fan of these people who'd splash out on it.It's more of a fan memorabilia collectors department really since the guitar itself is'nt worth much at all.
Last edited by EyeballPaul at Jun 9, 2016,
And some people are completely clueless as to the values of the guitar and /or the signature.

For instance: There is a CL ad up in my local area, For sale is a Epiphone 310 with bat wing head stock (a later model Strat copy), with a Tori Amos signature... the price? $350.
The 310 in mint condition MIGHT sell for $120 tops, more like $80-100. But come on... $250 for the TA signature? Never gonna happen.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77