To a degree. I'm not totally into all the music they have ever done. I love the song "do you realize" subtle changes of the chord progression during the verse, nice lyrics, one of the best modulations I've ever heard. Other favorites include "what is the light", "feeling yourself disintegrate" and there's others.
I like Wayne Coynes voice a lot. Lately though he's been losing it. I think. I like the way he sang "shine on you crazy diamond"
It's okay. I like way more embarrassing shit so flaming lips gets a pass.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It's okay. I like way more embarrassing shit so flaming lips gets a pass.

Me too, I think the most embarrassing artist I like and find interesting is Judy Garland, no I'm not gay. It's just that she really got into it when she sang sometimes was obviously talented, had an incredible up-and-down career and died really young and was in pretty bad health . She was like a rock star did a lot of drugs had hepatitis, still she persevered to the end.
But nobody can top Freddie Mercury for doing that. Still making incredible music and singing beautifully with 1 foot in the grave.
Quote by yope
Me too, I think the most embarrassing artist I like and find interesting is Judy Garland, no I'm not gay. It's just that she really got into it when she sang sometimes was obviously talented, had an incredible up-and-down career and died really young and was in pretty bad health . She was like a rock star did a lot of drugs had hepatitis, still she persevered to the end.
But nobody can top Freddie Mercury for doing that. Still making incredible music and singing beautifully with 1 foot in the grave.

I agree with Judy Garland and I am not at all embarressed she was a wonderful woman

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Something something sugar lips.

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
flaming lips are

Check out Embryonic if you haven't already
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I stood infront of him at a Jeff Mangum concert once

I think he's kind of a creepy weirdo and the Flaming Lips are meh.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I absolutely adore The Flaming Lips, but Jesus, Wayne Coyne is one creepy bastard. Especially after hearing stuff about the fallout with Kliph.
Quote by yope
I love the song "do you realize" subtle changes of the chord progression during the verse

The chord changes in that song are about as subtle as your mum's flirting technique
The king stay the king
came in thread expecting yope to talk about his red, candy lip fetish

leaving disappointing, as usual
strong yope thread
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by tp600
The chord changes in that song are about as subtle as your mum's flirting technique

the chord progression with each line of the verse is different, you might not notice if you didn't listen to it carefully I think thats subtle. I should've chosen my words a little more carefully and made it easier to understand with a stupid fucking bastard like you, that is not subtle, what I just said there.
Just like whatever you want and don't care about what other people think. Life's way better that way.
Quote by farcry
Just like whatever you want and don't care about what other people think. Life's way better that way.

Once upon a time I'd have been absolutely horrified and embarrassed about the idea of liking some of the bands I enjoy now, until I realised it doesn't matter. It's better to sit back and let yourself enjoy something, than worry about what other people might think. Let yourself enjoy the Flaming Lips - some of their stuff can be excellent

Then again, I dig Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, so maybe my opinion might not be worth listening to, huh?
I didn't have a signature until now.
Last edited by Scourge at Jun 11, 2016,