Page 1 of 4
I always kind of wrote off the Mandela Effect as me misremembering Berenstein bears and thinking that people discussing it was just influencing me to think I had it right, but this is honestly the first time I'm fkng blown away. Specifically remembering it was misspelled wrong. LOOK AT THE LOGO...

God damn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/3hcnzu/evidence_it_was_chicfila_not_chickfila/

Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 12, 2016,

So lets cut to the chase. I'll be frank. Here are the things the mandela effect is not 1) Time travel. 2) Alternate Reality 3) Ghosts or other tinfoil hattery.
As I've experienced it as well (remember watching betty white's funeral on television) the effect cannot be dismissed simply as bad memory on the part of all of you.
On the other hand, it is probable that what each of us is experiencing is a mass psychological warfare experiment, similar to the lsd doping done to the public by alphabet agencies decades ago. Don't believe it? Whats more likely? You're insane along with tens of thousands of others, or at the very minimum, at least some of us have experienced--something.
More to the point, again, whats more probable--a mass psychological operation or 'time travel/aliens/alternate reality'?
This is nothing but the guys working for the dod gaslighting people by the thousands for whatever reasons. Maybe shits and giggles. Gaslighting is changing things, doing something to someone in an obvious way, and denying it vehemently to their face, to make them question their own memory and grip on reality.
Not rocket science people, or 'some big conspiracy', just plain old BPD personalities (sociopaths and their ilk) in the military learning how to work the public better.
I know, because this is exactly the sort of shit I'd do if I was in the pentagon. And if joe blow can think of it, its not a stretch to suggest that the higher ups over at brownshirt central would throw a couple million into that kind of program.
Of course some people have drawn uncanny and unnerving parallels between public policy over the last fifty years, and the actions needed to implement Orwells 1984.
Lets just call it what it is. Mass gaslighting. Or, if you prefer, a method, via initially benign and innocuous randomly-targeted geographically limited fake news to determine the best means to utilize social pressure to suppress people who remember history differently from what the official story is.
Also known as 'the memory hole.'

it's not "Chic" or "Chick" it's "C.H.I.C."

If there is a God, it's me.
I thought it was Chik-fil-A
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I've never eaten at a chic(k)-fil-a before so this doesn't really have that effect on me. I would've guessed it was chic-fil-a but been unsure about it. Are they any good? There is one in the nearest city to me and I always see it and think about maybe eating there and then I just go somewhere I've been to before.

But when I first heard about the Berenstein bears actually being Berenstain that blew me away. I swear the alternate timeline parallel universe thing is the only explanation that makes any sense.

edit: can't tell if kalypto is serious or not. either way:
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jun 9, 2016,
Quote by ErikLensherr
I thought it was Chik-fil-A

A lot of people thought that too in those reddit comments. Apparently there's multiple realities or something. I'm from the "Luke, I am your father" dimension

But WHY THE HELL would this news article spell it as 'Chic' throughout?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-janssen/chicfila-ruined-my-relati_b_822921.html
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 9, 2016,
I don't get it.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Fat Lard
A lot of people thought that too in those reddit comments. Apparently there's multiple realities or something. I'm from the "Luke, I am your father" dimension

But WHY THE HELL would this news article spell it as 'Chic' throughout?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-janssen/chicfila-ruined-my-relati_b_822921.html

People assume it's chic because fil and a aren't actual words either the way they use them.

I never heard of the restarants until 2011 when I went south, though appearently there's one north of me now where I used to shop for school cloths.
Quote by The4thHorsemen at #34002095
dit: can't tell if kalypto is serious or not. either way:

deadly serious

this is bigger than the government man

they're fucking with us

it's probably aliens
im more surprised that people think mandela died than anything

edit: there's too many people saying theyre in an alternate timeline now jfc

edit2: look at this fucking ******

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/33uwcv/my_most_recent_mandela_effect_is_making_me_shit/

that's not a mandela effect, that's just you being an idiot

I don't remember them, actually. I was never a huge fan of his music. There's only one song of his that I like, Nightmare by the Sea which was made before he died. They rarely played his newer stuff on he radio. The last time I remember a newer song of his being played on the radio was 2005.
Every time I start up Spotify and turn on shuffle, Nightmare by the Sea is always one of the first to play. Guys. Guys. GUYS.

y the fuck u lying
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Jun 9, 2016,
(disregard the content of some posts, I was just making things up to sound cool on the internet):

I am a good speller. How would I make this mistake throughout the years:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27768886&postcount=15683

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29447074&postcount=29

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33329257&postcount=139

Screw it. If it was some multiverse explanation, it makes absolutely no sense how some 'chics' would still be here if you were switching places with your 'chick' self. If there is a different universe out there, though, it would have been nice to be in that one, so as not be in the 'unbelievable' group. Maybe then I wouldn't be as sad as much.
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 9, 2016,
Cows (which are herbavors) tellng us to eat meat is satanic.
Last edited by geo-rage at Jun 9, 2016,
I just read a buzzfeed article listing examples of the Mandela effect and I'll never get that fucking time back
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
genuinely have zero idea what this thread is
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Mandela effect = "I'm not wrong, you're wrong, the universe is wrong. I'm never wrong."
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
The mandela effect, without looking it up, is a bunch of people making a mistake in mass about the spelling of something, then swearing it was that way at one point.

'berenstain bears' is an example, people will swear up and down it was stein on the end.

They're wrong, or from a parralel universe where it was stein, which is just as stupid.
parralel?

I hope that was intentional, because it made me parallol.
If there is a God, it's me.
Quote by stratkat
The mandela effect, without looking it up, is a bunch of people making a mistake in mass about the spelling of something, then swearing it was that way at one point.

'berenstain bears' is an example, people will swear up and down it was stein on the end.

They're wrong, or from a parralel universe where it was stein, which is just as stupid.

I swear your name has always been stratcat

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
So having a memory fart, or misreading a commonly misread name the first time, means you inhabit your own universe or some metaphysical shit?

Smfh this is reddit. Yeah, it's all about you, internet guy who can't spell. You're the one.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jun 10, 2016,
The thing is it's not just one person misremembering, it's a very large group of people all having the same very specific false memory. It's a bizarre way to describe a bizarre phenomenon.

I'm pretty sure most people aren't being serious when saying it's proof of parallel universes. It's meant to be amusing, something you can't prove wrong, and to piss off people that assume everyone else are idiots that actually believe what they're saying.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
So having a memory fart, or misreading a commonly misread name the first time, means you inhabit your own universe or some metaphysical shit?

Smfh this is reddit. Yeah, it's all about you, internet guy who can't spell. You're the one.

No, you fucking idiot. It was so memorable because it was oddly spelled, when you would think it would be chick as in chicken, but it was chic instead. The logo looks completely different to me with the k, and I didn't notice until it was just brought to my attention.

Look at the proof in this thread and OP of the guy saying "what is it supposed to be pronounced sheek or something"?

Something odd happened, but the holy 'logical and rational' people just write it off as if humans understood everything.
i very distinctly remember it being chic

obviously i have no proof of this but someone out there somewhere must have photographic evidence

unless all digital photographs were deleted by the organisation behind this, very possible with a stuxnet type infiltration and a word recognition type program, of course there still has to be film based evidence which would be much harder to get rid of
Quote by Fat Lard
Something odd happened, but the holy 'logical and rational' people just write it off as if humans understood everything.

Humans have bad memories and generally don't pay much attention to things they encounter several times. That your memory of something, a false one at that, is significant as some sort of shared experience or one that reshapes your perspective is ridiculously self-centered internet garbage.

You read Chick-Fil-A wrong and then you learned you were wrong. That's it.
Regardless of however this is rationalized out, I will die at my core believing it was 'chic'. At least there is SOME theoretical science possibly supporting it, so it's no less illogical than believing in the fucking bible.

I have a pretty fucking good memory, so whatever. Fuck it.
Quote by Gatecrasher53

I share this guy's anger. I read the books and played the computer games, but just wrote it off before as faulty memory. And I knew shit all about Nelson Mandela. The Chic Fil A thing is when it clicked though. Simply writing this off as some "mass psychological delusion" is not academic. I'll have to watch Epi's link after too.

Scratch that. Fuck your video Epi, you INTP "our limited understanding of science and psychology is God" guy.
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 10, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard
Scratch that. Fuck your video Epi, you INTP "our limited understanding of science and psychology is God" guy.

ENTP, m8.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I don't even know what that means.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Fat Lard
Simply writing this off as some "mass psychological delusion" is not academic.

Collective false memories are.
Quote by chrismendiola

Even when they come from individual conclusions? I was uninfluenced by the Mandela Effect until yesterday, so I never looked into it.

But nevermind the mathematical proofs that parallel universes exist, and the science that they could possibly overlap. Higgs boson was a 'theory' once upon a time, but science theory has a lot more weight to it than some sociological douchebags.
Quote by chrismendiola

Ye.

It's all basically chinese whispers on a big scale with a bunch of crossed wires and nobody wants to admit that cuz erryones got an ego and it'd be easily bruised, y'know.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Page 1 of 4