Hello, Im going to be using a wampler tripple wreck pedal through one of these amps. I can buy the blackstar new and the rest used. Which do you think would be a great all rounder? Im going to be playing metallica, pantera, megadeth, black sabbath, slayer, and iron maiden.
0 following
For most of those tones, I'd be looking at Marshall amps.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Have to go used for a 2x12 Marshall(even in £.

You might just sneak a DSL15 head and a 2x12 cab for £1000 new.
I would get the Tremoverb, ditch the Wampler, and use the Tremoverb's distortion. The Tremoverb has this special sponginess in the sound (you can feel it, too) that I've always loved. If you have the means of getting ahold of one, do it. You will not regret it. If you don't get the Tremoverb, then get the JSX (still ditch the Wampler). If it were me, I would avoid the Blackstar because the other two are leaps and bounds better.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
^ Agree, I don't see the wampler for those tones. The Blackstar will easily do Sabbath, Maiden, and early Metallica. Don't play slayer, megadeth or pantera, but if you are limiting to the three amps you listed, the tremoverb would be my choice. Not necessarily for the exact tones you describe but because I actually prefer the tone over the other two.

If you have a cab, you may want to consider the Mark v 25 used for ~$1k. It has a tighter gain than the tremoverb (which you either like or dislike) but I think the Mark series amps have always been great for modern high gain settings. I use the crunch setting in the 1st channel for AC/DC and with a boost for Sabbath/Maiden, etc. The only challenge you may have with the mark v 25 is that channel 1 is also the clean channel so switching back and forth can't be done on the foot switch. The 2nd channel is perfect for Metallica, etc. may be a little above the price range, but a consideration.
Quote by Chladely
Hello, Im going to be using a wampler tripple wreck pedal through one of these amps. I can buy the blackstar new and the rest used. Which do you think would be a great all rounder? Im going to be playing metallica, pantera, megadeth, black sabbath, slayer, and iron maiden.
0 following

Do you yourself and us a favor and fill this out real quick:

Budget:
Genres: (check)
Cleans:
Home or Gig:
New or Used: (check)

Seriously - where are you? Jacksonville? Portland? London? Brisbane?
Quote by Chladely
0 following

you are posting a lot of threads like this. this could have been included in one of the last few.

ditch the wampler, a proper amp will have better overdrive.

friends don't let friends drive drunk buy blackstars. for real
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jun 10, 2016,
fuck dude, this is your fifth amp hunting thread, go back to one of those.

also vs threads are bannable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup

also vs threads are bannable.

nah they're fine if it's a genuine question about something the threadstarter is thinking of buying
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Don't make me sick the Blackstar representive on you. They are watching.
Quote by MAChiefs

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup

x1000

Maybe he needs to bump up the search options for Blackstar HT amps, there are a few forum trolls that do this from time to time.

Agreed: these threads are getting ridiculous. No matter what we do, he circles back to that a,p line, which makes me think it might have something with search engine ratings, even though considering what most of us think of their product, I doubt they'd want this info
Quote by MAChiefs

what's he gonna do, bore us to death with more "facts" that were obviously written by the sales dept?
Quote by MAChiefs

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification