People, some people seem to have a particular fixation of extreme hatred for that. It's a slang term for someone that goes the wrong way on a bicycle down the street to be able to see if someone's going to hit.
I read about that horrible bicycle accident in Michigan. Someone ran down, ran over a group of bicyclists killing at least five, like a bowling ball rolling into a bunch of bowling pins. Except in this case the ball went over crushing the pins.
On my Facebook somebody mentioned this and I said how I ride against oncoming traffic. A very angry person replied and said if he "ever encountered me my ass was going down".
I just deleted the message I don't need anymore drama with unstable people in my life.

Since the dawn of time I have been riding a bike. I have always gone against traffic. Only one time did someone actually veer out of the way to run me off the road. It's a memorable experience. It happened a long time ago.
If i could go back in time and uninvent the bicycle i would
Check out my band Disturbed
Better than being a chicken on a raft, I tell you.

https://chickenonaraft.com/
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Better than being a chicken on a raft, I tell you.

https://chickenonaraft.com/

If I ever see you your ass is grass . I'm never clicking on anything here again until I turn my computer speakers down. That was loud.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by korinaflyingv
The only logical reaction to that is to deliberately drive into you and kill you.

Sometimes a reasonable person can understand the workings of an unstable mind.
In this case we have a very idealistic person who thinks that a person riding the bicycle, breaking traffic laws, is endangering everybody and this nonsense has to be put to a stop for the common good at any cost .
Trying to reason with someone who has lost the ability to reason whether it be rage or insanity is an exercise in futility at best. Usually it just adds fuel to the fire.
I am old and wise, I knew this, hence the deletion on Facebook.
Last edited by yope at Jun 10, 2016,
Quote by yope
If I ever see you your ass is grass . I'm never clicking on anything here again until I turn my computer speakers down. That was loud.

But it's such a great song! The loudness only accentuates its greatness!

OP: I get the logic of riding against traffic, I always walk against traffic if I happen to be on a road with no footpaths, or in a carpark. And it'd be nice to be able to see the giant boxes of metal flying around me instead of having them approach unexpectedly from behind... but I dunno, riding against traffic just seems risky, dangerous and stupid to me.

Let's pretend it's actually legal to ride on the wrong side of the road - what happens when you have a cyclist riding down the correct side of the road towards you? Do you avoid them by overtaking into the middle of the road, or onto the footpath (if that's even possible?) That's even more dangerous.

I don't think the risk of cars coming from behind you is that great a risk, really, particularly on roads with bike lanes. Some roads I refuse to ride down - in particular the busy ones with 70km/h+ limits and no bike lanes - but mostly its fine, so long as you stay as close to the outside edge of the lane as you can, and keep your awareness up as though no one on the road knows how to drive and will probably try to kill you.
I didn't have a signature until now.