Page 1 of 2
I'm not talking about bands that have a number instead of spelling out the word, like the Jackson 5 is sometimes written. I'm talking about bands that spell their names with letters replaced with similar looking numbers the way 14 year old girls used to do on myspace. So like if a band is called D34th Thr34t or something like that. Sometimes rappers and producers do that, like deadmau5, or individual musicians in bands, like Se7en from brokeNCYDE.

What do you think of bands like that? I think it's absolutely stupid and warrants automatic discrediting of that band or artist. Just spell your damn name with letters. I also have the same feeling about bands that use cyrillic characters instead of Latin letters, such as bands that use the letter ya (the one that looks like a backwards R) in place of an R. Kind of like what Korn does but I think they just wrote their letters backwards to be silly.

I would also have the same opinion of bands that spell their names wrong on purpose like brokeNCIDE or Twyztyd whatever. I don't mind if it makes a clever pun or if it's some 80s rapper like Kool Keith because that was original back then but now it is stupid and cliched.

How do you feel about these things?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
its dumb?

Night Birds have one shirt with a backwards R but thats about as far as it goes with the shit i listen to.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I can't really speak for numbers because the only examples I can think of you have already said, but I absolutely agree about the whole deliberate misspelling thing.

I get why it's done. I get that if your name is fairly generic/non-alliterative then it isn't going to be as marketable as something with wacky spelling. But it makes you look like an illiterate mongoloid.
Quote by Random3
I can't really speak for numbers because the only examples I can think of you have already said, but I absolutely agree about the whole deliberate misspelling thing.

I get why it's done. I get that if your name is fairly generic/non-alliterative then it isn't going to be as marketable as something with wacky spelling. But it makes you look like an illiterate mongoloid.

sure thing randome
Descendents have always spelled their name wrong, but that's probably more to do with them all being about 15-16 when they started the band.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Speak for yourself theogoniaTTT
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
usually cringey shit no one does.

just skimmed my phone music library and I have 2 bands out of 250 on my phone with numbers that look dumb but they are nostalgia from teens years for me:
Breed 77

edit: hahah breed 77 are still going wow.

edit2: so are atreyu hahaha. man.

actually I think numbers in names aren't so bad if they have some interesting backstory rather than just trying to look cool. I doubt anyone still doing goofy crap with letters and numbers is sincere about it. the cringey band names now is making up some silly genre cliche and being totally serious about it.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Sum 41 and Blink 182 are both awful, awful names.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
The Beatles did pretty much the same thing.
"beatle" isn't a word, "beetle" is though.
Insect/music beat pun

Also, the Wonders used to be called the Oneders.
But people kept calling them the "Oh - Need - ers"

Puns are perhaps the biggest part of rock history, just as big as the electric guitar and the fabulous fashion
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jun 10, 2016,
It took me way too fucking long to figure out that that twat Deadmau5 is supposed to read Deadmouse.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
my uncle has always thought it was a group and called them the Deadmau Five.
Quote by MinterMan22
cvn we talk vbovt this bvllshit thovgh?

If memory and Wikipedia are accurate - that was copyright infringement or pending lawsuit or something of sort and their reaction was to flip the letter upside down. I'm more okay with that than lucky number Se7en 1337 speak.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
r33ly?? 1 d0n't s33 4 pr0bl3m w1th d01ng th1ngs th4t w4y? Th0s3 b4nds R svp3r c00l btw.
If there is a God, it's me.
Se7en doesn't even make sense

I guess 7 would look like a stupid v if you rotate it 90 degrees

but then again d would look like a fucking p if you rotate it 180 degrees but you don't see anyone doing it
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by qrEE
r33ly?? 1 d0n't s33 4 pr0bl3m w1th d01ng th1ngs th4t w4y? Th0s3 b4nds R svp3r c00l btw.

0к и0ш ю я ju5+ ве1и9 $111у
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
it appeals to some niche subculture that is really niche and not me
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Artists with a number in my music library

+44
Blink-182
E-40
9th Wonder
Sum 41

I have no strong opinions one way or the other
12 Stones makes sense, it's an allusion to something in their beliefs.

Seventh Wonder, though without actual numbers, refers to an ordinal one.
Fifth Harmony too.
Three Doors Down and Club For Five are similar.
You guys are all dummies. I'm not talking about bands with numbers like Blink 182. I'm talking about bands that u53 num6er5 1n p1ac3 0f 13773я5.
Quote by theogonia777
0к и0ш ю я ju5+ ве1и9 $111у

--- / .-- . / .- --. .-. . . / - .... . -.
aha only a robit would speak in morse code
Spelling your name wrong only works if your band is called Bigg Nife, Tranachula or Limoseen.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
i thought you said you don't show them off on the internet
fine, I'll show you a picture... but you gotta promise not to laugh.

i didn't laugh you'll be happy to know
Pretentious horseshit trying way 2 hard 2 B kewl
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by EyeNon15
How about Triple Six Mafia
Or Three Six Mafia
But never 666 Mafia

Demonic miiind, why must I love to
Quote by MinterMan22
cvn we talk vbovt this bvllshit thovgh?

Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
It's dumb but I don't think it should automatically warrant discrediting.
Of course, I know no bands like that, so maybe.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by K33nbl4d3
you can all suck my ass

У0ця @$$? И0 ш@у
Page 1 of 2