Hey dudes, thebeatmaster here. I wanted to get your take on what you would consider the heaviest sounding guitar for metal music. I currently play a Kramer Assault and write a lot of oldschool type metal jams with lots of rhythm and melody. We do lots of damage in e standard which is exactly what I wanted. I wrote an entire album of this kind of stuff but now im looking to go to war with a new axe maybe tuned a step down.

What would you say is the heaviest sounding guitar? I wanna switch up my style a little bit and attack it from a different angle. Focus more on really heavy chuggy type riffs for the next record. I need a guitar that can do more damage than nuclear warfare. I want my guitar tone to be the heaviest thing people have ever heard for the next album.
Financially im looking to spend a maximum of $1500 dollars.
Tone starts with your amp. A Hello Kitty Strat through the right amp & pedals can sound brutal. What are you currently using? Whose tone do you want to emulate?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Tone starts with your amp. A Hello Kitty Strat through the right amp & pedals can sound brutal. What are you currently using? Whose tone do you want to emulate?

yeah those hello kitty strats are br00tal. agree though

I'd suggest getting a guitar that is comfortable for you to play, humbuckers are probably a good bet and make sure you have the guitar setup really well.

amp wise you probably want something high gain like a Peavey 6505.
You can't really go wrong with an Ibanez RG. Note that lots of people disagree about what constitutes "heavy". For example, using an 8 string with a ton of gain is considered heavy, even though it sounds pretty piss weak to me, most of the time. You'll want a mahogany or basswood body. If you're going the route of active pickups, Seymour Duncan Blackouts pretty much beat the crap out of EMGs. Amp is more important than the guitar, though.
Quote by thebeatmaster
What would you say is the heaviest sounding guitar?

No such thing. The sound of a guitar is about 95% pickups, but the sound you end up hearing is about 95% the amp, so get a suitably metal-oriented amp, then get a guitar (probably with humbuckers) that you like to play, put a Tubescreamer-type overdrive between the two if necessary to boost the amp's gain, then if you still feel the need for it think about pickup swaps on the guitar.
Or you might try a 27" - 30" Agile Pendulum Pro multiscale with Kahler Trem, available in 8, 9 or 10-string versions.

Go 10-string. Super djenty br00tz with a Spider and Marshall MG in tandem.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Get a guitar you like, put a Seymour Duncan Blackouts Metal pickup in there and hook it up to a Peavey 6505.
This....

Through THIS!!!

In all seriousness though, any decent guitar through a good high gain amp will get you what you're after. Peavey 6505 is always a solid go-to amp for uber-heavy tones. What amp are you playing through right now?
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by FlightofIcarus
This....

Through THIS!!!

In all seriousness though, any decent guitar through a good high gain amp will get you what you're after. Peavey 6505 is always a solid go-to amp for uber-heavy tones. What amp are you playing through right now?

You forgot the source of trve br00tz

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Waiting for TS to buy a Marshall MG with a 10 string running a Boss MT2 unironically.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
il have to look in to those duncan blackouts. And just to clear up what I classify as a heavy... if it djents it wont have nothin to do with me. Im not exactly trying to copy somebody elses tone. Since there was only one Dimebag theres no sense in me trying to copy off his tone because the guy blows me out of the water. Im a firm believer in solid state amps thats the way ive always done it. I just need a new axe thats suited for bad ass metal. If you say it's mostly in the amp I have already won because im happy with my amp.
What amp do you currently have?

If you're happy with how you sound, then why are you asking the question of what pickups to get?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You're looking for a really interesting guitar to make your album sound totally different. Have you tried the "Guitars" Mesa and Bogner offer? They're not like your regular guitars, because you can use your Kramer still, and just plug it into either the Mesa or Bogner and then get more brutal tones. Just a heads up, dude.
2014 Ibanez RG8
2013 Schecter Hellraiser
1999 Schecter Revenger 7
2007 LTD 'Monster' F
B.C. Rich KK Warlock
No-Name Acoustic
i think you need a new amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'd get a valve amp, as far as the guitar, which is the best for playing heavy? That is going to be extremely subjective based on each individuals personal preference for brand, number of strings etc. As has been stated before the amp is going to be the biggest factor in your tone.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Also, as far as 'heavy sounding' goes, Tony Iommi played half of the first Sabbath album using a stock leftie Strat.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ThePIGI_King
You're looking for a really interesting guitar to make your album sound totally different. Have you tried the "Guitars" Mesa and Bogner offer? They're not like your regular guitars, because you can use your Kramer still, and just plug it into either the Mesa or Bogner and then get more brutal tones. Just a heads up, dude.

lol.

As far as guitars go, Les Pauls get pretty heavy. I think the wood has a lot to do with what frequencies are absorbed and which come through the signal. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think this, as all the stoner/trad doom bands seem to love heavy Gibsons.