Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody had ever used amplitube in their recording software?

I had tried it with Cakewalk Sonar 7 in the past but didn't have any luck.

I am getting back into recording and wondered what software people had luck with in recording with amplitube effects.

I have an M-Audio Fast Track and what I have in my head is recording the guitar out of that and then using Amplitube after that to apply effects. Not sure if that is how it works or not.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice on how I could achieve this, it would be mostly appreciated. For example what software you use and if you used Amplitube 3 or 4.

Thank You!
I've used Amplitube 2 with Sonar 7 - no problems whatsoever.

Nowadays you can get some really good results with freeware - Lepou, Nick Crow Labs (5150/6505 sims) and NadIR cabinet simulation loader. Maybe try that at first.

I am now using Amplitube 2 or Fender (had to upgrade to Amplitube 3) - all are working fine on Windows 7, I am using mainly Studio One Professional (v.2) as my platform. I load cab sims (don't use the Amplitube cabs too much) with NadIR as I feel I get better sounds that way.

For cab sims - you can try the freeware Kalthlalen to start with, some really good Marshall cab samples.

You could lool at Tracktion 4 which is a free download and play around with some freeware downloads and see how you fare. If you don't get good results, then try Amplitube, Guitar Rig, Revalver, etc.

You could also look at other DAWs, Mixcraft, N-Track, Reaper are all under $100.
Quote by adriancarbone22

I have an M-Audio Fast Track and what I have in my head is recording the guitar out of that and then using Amplitube after that to apply effects. Not sure if that is how it works or not.

The beauty of most DAWs is that you can record the dry signal WHILE monitoring thru the fx you want. You may or may not change your mind later if those were the right fx, and the DAW should let you do that

https://soundcloud.com/man-on-a-string/jump-start

That's all Amplitube
Quote by diabolical
I've used Amplitube 2 with Sonar 7 - no problems whatsoever.

Hey man, could you explain how it was done??
You install the Amplitube software, it wants to install into a vst folder. I usually create a custom vst folder, say C:\VST under the root where I put in all of my installs, that way I know where to find them.
Then I open the Amplitube standalone and register it on their site, plug the guitar in and try it. You'll have to pick the right input/outputs on it. Then close the standalone.

Open Sonar and it usually if you've added this folder it'll look there at startup, if not this:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun10/articles/sonarnotes_0610.htm

Sonar find it, then you just drop it in the mixer as any other effect. You'll also have to enable pass through monitoring or input monitoring in order to hear the effected signal, it is in the manual under recording - explains it rather well.