Hey guys. I've recently fell in love with the Jext Telez Dizzy Tone after checking out this Tone Report article
9 Bizarre Fuzz Pedals You Never Knew Existed

I was just wondering if you guys had any more suggestions/experiences with fuzzes that aren't the usual Fuzz Face, Tonebender, Muff, etc.
Last edited by bluesdrip7 at Jun 12, 2016,
https://youtu.be/_Wdcay4wtTw

I'm anxiously awaiting one of these, it has frickin' joysticks!! I should get it this week, I've been GASing one for a couple years now so I'm pretty excited to finally get one.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Thorpy Muffroom Cloud
SolidgoldFX Sasori
Death By Audio Fuzz War
Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun
Death By Audio Sounwave Breakdown
Black Arts Toneworks Sarcophagus
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I've had decent luck with my Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz. not boutique but an interesting pedal.
Here's a fuzz centric post I made last year:

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I am no Electric Wizard or tech or guru of any kind, so my perspective on the market looks different. While there may be only three ACTUAL lines of fuzz circuit pedigree, I see all kinds of claims builders make about "based on the obscure but sought after _________ fuzz circuit", or rarely "a new kind of fuzz".

Rather than try to sort all the truth from lies & marketing, I just shop with my ears (& sometimes my eyes, too- some nice enclosures being sold out there)... If a pedal does stuff I like, who cares if its circuitry derived from a Muff, a Fuzzface, or Marvin the Martian?

Here are fuzzes in my possession (marked with a *) or on my radar.

- Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi*

- Spaceman Effects WOW Signal*- "The WOW Signal is a unique, all analog modulated fuzz device. At the heart of this machine lies a UFO-shaped, vintage Soviet germanium transistor. The circuit then adds in modern components, to yield a wide variety of pre and post cold war fuzz tones, from bright and buzzy to thick and fuzzy."

- Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun*- "unique"

- Death By Audio Fuzz War- no info

- ARC Effects Crimson King*- based on the Buzz Fuzz

- ARC Effects Big Green- based on Russian Muffs

- Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian- based on Russian Muffs

- Magnetic Effects White Atom*- Si/Ge transistor fuzz

- Magnetic Effects Buzzkill*- based on 60's Ge transistor fuzzes

- Catalinbread Antichthon*- fuzz/tremolo/harmonizer/tone generator

- Catalinbread Perseus (sub-octave fuzz)*

- Catalinbread Manx Loaghtan- based on one of the Muffs

- Black Arts Toneworks Sarcophagus v2*- Pharaoh & LSTR combo

- Black Arts Toneworks Coven- Pharaoh & Black Forest combo

- Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest*- "The Black Forest takes a celebrated circuit and drags it through the dirt. More gain, more fatness."

- Black Arts Toneworks LSTR- "LSTR is from the same BMP family, but unlike the Pharaoh, which is dialed back a little, LSTR is the action!" BMP probably means Big Muff Pi.

- Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh- "The Pharaoh pedal, while its roots and DNA are classic fuzz, has a few twists." Probably based on the Big Muff Pi (see the LSTR, above).

- SolidGoldFX Sasori*- "The Sasori, or scorpion in Japanese, is our interpretation of the classic Shin-ei FY-2 Companion Fuzz."

- Earthquaker Devices Hoof Reaper- combination of their Hoof (Green Russian Si/Ge Muff) and Tone Reaper (another Si/Ge hybrid) fuzz pedals + octave up

- Fuzzhugger Suneater- no info

- Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom- no info

- Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom- no info

- Fuzzhugger Upper (octave fuzz)- no info

- Fuzzhugger Sonic Shroom/AB Synth- no info

- Visual Sound Angry Fuzz (octave fuzz)

(Yes, I may have missed one or two as well...)

(The list has been updated to reflect pedals I currently own.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 12, 2016,
MXR's Blue Box and Sub Machine come to mind for me. Both pretty old-school circuits, but they're a bit more out there than a Muff.
Oh, further suggestion, Reuss' "Evil Twin" pedal - based on the Blue Box and Distortion+ combo used by Rowland S. Howard. It's... Different.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Oh, further suggestion, Reuss' "Evil Twin" pedal - based on the Blue Box and Distortion+ combo used by Rowland S. Howard. It's... Different.

Malekko unity, and zvex mastotron.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hey lucky did you buy your Janus already?
I'll sell you mine basically unused
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
check out the Acapulco Gold from EQD. it's more of a Fuzz/distortion but it models a Sunn Model T pretty well... pretty awesome dirt/fuzz box.
Quote by Kyleisthename
Hey lucky did you buy your Janus already?
I'll sell you mine basically unused

Yeah, but outta curiosity how much are you asking? I think I got a pretty good deal, $200. I don't usually spend that much on pedals (my usual strategy is savvy trades for better and better, lol) but I've wanted one for a while and I don't recall seeing any for less than $200.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Woke up to some awesome choices today!

Quote by lucky1978
https://youtu.be/_Wdcay4wtTw

I'm anxiously awaiting one of these, it has frickin' joysticks!! I should get it this week, I've been GASing one for a couple years now so I'm pretty excited to finally get one.

Tremolo is one of my other favorite effects that I try to find more uses for and this pedal just seems to have endless possibilities.
Quote by clickclickbooml
check out the Acapulco Gold from EQD. it's more of a Fuzz/distortion but it models a Sunn Model T pretty well... pretty awesome dirt/fuzz box.

I've checked it out and it's amazing what this small, one knob pedal can do. Perfect for the stoner-rock stuff.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Malekko unity, and zvex mastotron.

+1

Way Huge makes a fuzz pedal called the Swollen Pickle. I had one for about a year and thought it was great. It took a bit of tweaking to get it to sound great, but it's extremely versatile and can do both subtle and in your face.
Quote by No Happy
Way Huge makes a fuzz pedal called the Swollen Pickle. I had one for about a year and thought it was great. It took a bit of tweaking to get it to sound great, but it's extremely versatile and can do both subtle and in your face.

It's a great pedal, but it's basically a Muff with more gain and EQ.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Fishbones
Off the beaten path? Well, pretty much anything made by Devi Ever (old and new), Dwarfcraft Devices The Great Destroyer, Smallsound/Bigsound Buzzz, just to name a few!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUvLWOhJC0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaqT2GpqY5E

+1

Quote by lucky1978
Yeah, but outta curiosity how much are you asking? I think I got a pretty good deal, $200. I don't usually spend that much on pedals (my usual strategy is savvy trades for better and better, lol) but I've wanted one for a while and I don't recall seeing any for less than $200.

$200 most likely.
I wanted to use it to have a doom/fuzz set-up but that fell through and I'm being an idiot and spending lots of money on an Axe fx set-up
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Caroline Wave Cannon
Dr Scientist Frazz Dazzler
Dr No Evil Motherfuzzer

McCaffery Audio Effects Green Vodka is- like the aforementioned Wren & Cuff Tall Font and the ARC Effects Big Green- another maker's updated version of the EHX Russian Big Muff Pi.

The Iron Ether Oxide comes from the nasty spitting alien side of Fuzzopolis.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 15, 2016,
DopeFX's Iron Lung might interest you too - I'm planning on buying their Earth Dweller pedal soon, but that's a Muff clone; I don't know if the Iron Lung is based on something in particular but it's basically a high gain fuzz with some neat EQ controls and a gate that can be dialled in or out.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one