Have finally got my Recording King RD-310. Purchased from Elderly's in Michigan, I live in far west Texas,......... or as I call it "#ell on earth" anyways, had it a week then had a proper setup done which does make it even nicer to play, waited two weeks for the setup but it was worth it. I know they're not the "Brand" for a lot of people but I am a very happy camper now. My only other guitar is a Yamaha FG-140 (Taiwan) which I purchased new in '73, still holding up quite well too.
The RD-310 has an amazing sound and feel !
please don't worry about your guitar not being a name brand - i'm a big fan of RK dreads and 000 guitars, and the RD-310 is probably my favorite. i'm a sucker for an adi top with mahogany back and sides! the folks at RK are nice, too - they are always pleasant and helpful when i send a question.

congrats, and how about a pic?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
please don't worry about your guitar not being a name brand - i'm a big fan of RK dreads and 000 guitars, and the RD-310 is probably my favorite. i'm a sucker for an adi top with mahogany back and sides! the folks at RK are nice, too - they are always pleasant and helpful when i send a question.

congrats, and how about a pic?

Thanks, I'm not sure on how to go about the whole pic thing,
As far as having certain names on the headstock, I've never been that sort, I care about what it sounds and feels like first and foremost.
I know a lot of people get all bent out of shape about where a guitar is made, and that's fine, when they foot the bill, they can have their say, as far as I'm concerned. When I purchased my Yamaha FG-140 (red label made in Taiwan) back in '73 everyone had fits about that then, now all kinds think there's nothing wrong with buying a Yamaha. So, I'm absolutely fine with my Recording King, it's a great guitar at a great price. I can't justify spending thousands, for a solid Adi top with solid hog back and sides, I don't play professionally, just for my own pleasure, and THIS guitar is a pleasure. Funny thing is the person I had set it up does "high end" guitars and he was very impressed.
My Nippon Gakki (Japan, blonde label)made Yamaha FG 200 is my favorite for tone, sustain and volume. I use 13 - 56 PB because the action is superb after I unbent the neck. Found it in a trash can.
Quote by skido13
My Nippon Gakki (Japan, blonde label)made Yamaha FG 200 is my favorite for tone, sustain and volume. I use 13 - 56 PB because the action is superb after I unbent the neck. Found it in a trash can.

and you mention that in this thread because... ?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Good choice. I've played a lot of different Recording King models over the past 2 years. I like them a lot (I own the RK ROS-16 triple 0 parlour - nice guitar).

Congratulations - I'm sure you will enjoy playing it.
Quote by patticake
and you mention that in this thread because... ?

Response to Rockysdad post about about high end/high price guitars not necessarily being "better". He even mentioned Yamaha.