No its not a 5150/6505.

Walked in to guitar center to buy strings and sitting there staring at me was a Transtube Supreme in amazing condition. All knobs in tact and very little rust on the corners and maybe 2 small nicks in the tolex.

My fiance saw me staring at it, and since she knew I've been wanting one, said exactly what I was thinking. She said "We have to take that home with us."

So got it, took it out to jam without playing it first, and everyone in the room shit their pants. Blew away my friends XXX in shear power and tone.

I know I may get shit for that last line, but seriously, it puts out more low end while staying tight, and isn't nearly as harsh as the XXX.

All in all, it is difficult to make it sound bad to my ears without intentionally trying to. Reverb is killer if a bit noisy. I can take it from loose and bluesy to clenched anus tight modern gain with an OD in front and anything in between. On the cleans it can go dark and smooth to full on surf with the reverb dimed.

All in all it was a good day!

And mandatory pic.
Attachments:
13435566_1013296185373647_4584580284294617909_n.jpg
Happy new amp day, dude! I actually like transtube Peaveys from that era quite a bit.
Last edited by tsc86 at Jun 13, 2016,
Cool amp. HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Haha. Thanks guys. We are both enjoying the sound of it.
That's good, once you put that ring on the finger it'll be "do you really need another amp?" and a**

I doubt she will say that. She plays bass and thus welcomes gear.

Edit to add:
She is just glad it wasn't more drum gear!
Last edited by Liaztraht at Jun 13, 2016,
Quote by diabolical
Mine hates the midi kit that I got. took her 2 years to get used to it being in the living room

Haha. I have an acoustic set. Some nice ludwigs that I recently acquired. Aftering bringing in all kinds of cymbals and snares I settled on my current setup.

But she knew what she was getting in to...
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So as an update.
I have an old mt2 that I modded a bit. And di with a good cab sim sounds like an angry 6505. Tweaking my amp I got eerily similar. Put the mz on the clean and a/b'd it and the amps gain.
The amp is even angrier with a bit more growl in the low mids. A touch darker and has more clarity.
This thing is vicious. Definatly a sleeper in the metal world. Looks tame, but careful eq and a good od and it rocks.
Quote by diabolical
That's good, once you put that ring on the finger it'll be "do you really need another amp?" and a

Mine sometimes gets pissed off about the giant beat up 70's Marshall cab in the living room (it's understandable as the thing looks like shit, the previous owner replaced the original tolex with crapy white letherette, it's stained, ripped and I always talk about retolexing the damn thing but I never do ), but she basically pushed to buy my my current main amp and helped my make my pedalboard, so I can't complain
Quote by diabolical
That's good, once you put that ring on the finger it'll be "do you really need another amp?" and a

Congrats!

i made my ex sign a contract prior to cohabitation. so she couldn't affect my gear flow. NOW that we aren't together, i am REALLY sure GLAD i did.

haha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i made my ex sign a contract prior to cohabitation. so she couldn't affect my gear flow. NOW that we aren't together, i am REALLY sure GLAD i did.

haha.

That's why you find someone that encourages gear aquirement.
As much as I have been wanting a TT supreme, I almost took the resposible route and said no. But the price on them is so low I was almost forced to get it.
It pays off of they play music too.
Well the practices were good. But it fried on the last song at a show... Good thing for GC return policies!
Quote by Liaztraht
Well the practices were good. But it fried on the last song at a show... Good thing for GC return policies!

da fuq?

what happened?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Went into thermal shut down, but part of the board fried before hand. Still worked but got fizzy as hell.
But now I have an orange that suits those doomy tones I'm digging.

And honestly the orange can get MEAN!
Last edited by Liaztraht at Jun 27, 2016,
Quote by Liaztraht
Went into thermal shut down, but part of the board fried before hand. Still worked but got fizzy as hell.
But now I have an orange that suits those doomy tones I'm digging.

And honestly the orange can get MEAN!

damn bummer. what induced the overheating?

i am an orange fan as well, i have a dual terror and a rockerverb. i love me some orange!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Not sure what caused it. I was running at the same volume as practice but in a cooler room.
I couldn't afford an RV but I got the CR120H. And it kicks ass. I love ss stuff so no issue there.
Quote by Liaztraht
Not sure what caused it. I was running at the same volume as practice but in a cooler room.
I couldn't afford an RV but I got the CR120H. And it kicks ass. I love ss stuff so no issue there.

i don't hear of too many peaveys going down. also rarely hear of SS heads going down as well.

that is quite odd. good thing you have a warranty. lol.

are you looking to replace it? since you fancy SS, an ampeg Vh140 can get you a pretty nasty metal tone on the cheap. you may also find a randall rg100es (i have had three diferent ones), they do more than just the dime sound. i paid from $55 to $100 for mine. lol. fun to mess around with. both are damn loud.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i don't hear of too many peaveys going down. also rarely hear of SS heads going down as well.

that is quite odd. good thing you have a warranty. lol.

are you looking to replace it? since you fancy SS, an ampeg Vh140 can get you a pretty nasty metal tone on the cheap. you may also find a randall rg100es (i have had three diferent ones), they do more than just the dime sound. i paid from $55 to $100 for mine. lol. fun to mess around with. both are damn loud.
I already stated I got an orange ss. And it is honestly pretty damn good.