I have read old posts about an Ibanez + SD with bridge distortion and some people talked about the S series and others about RG series with this feature but the posts are all old and I didn't find the exact models so I have a few questions.

For metal has the Seymour Duncan bridge distortion been replaced by something else in Ibanez guitars that do this? Or is there some series that does it?

Is bridge distortion worth it or do you find it limits the guitar to just metal? If I use my bridge pickup I am usually playing metal but I do use both humbuckers sometimes and quite a bit of the neck with pedals.

Any advice?
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. TS9, DD3, GE7, NS2, LS2, Polytune mini, Small Stone. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
If not mistaken, Ibanez now for the most part come with their own brand of pickups...which I automatically swap as soon as I unpack the guitar as they are worthless.

In mine I got a Pearly Gates and a X2N in the bridge.

If you have that pickup there and you like it, that's what it matters. Its your tone.
The pick-ups I am talking about are the SH-6 series. Bridge distortion.

Is there another manufacturer doing something similar for Ibanez or another brand of guitar using them?

Or is it all modding?
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. TS9, DD3, GE7, NS2, LS2, Polytune mini, Small Stone. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
Most Ibanez guitars without own brand pickups as stock tend to have either EMGs or DiMarzios in.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Do the DiMarzios come in bridge distortion?
I don't really understand your question. The SH-6 is a specific model from Seymour Duncan, there's no Dimarzio version. There is the Dimarzio Super Distortion, but that's a very different pickup.

Are you looking specifically at the SH-6 or just a bridge pickup for distorted playing?
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
"Distortion" is simply the name of your particular seymour duncan pickup. It is an aggressive pickup but that doesnt mean it is distorted. On a clean amp setting it will sound clean. I have never tried one, but I have Black Winters in one of my guitars and they are like an even more aggressive version of the Distortion. They sound amazing on clean settings, crunch, hard rock --- and of course extreme metal. Id give the Distortion a try...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by Deermonic
Do the DiMarzios come in bridge distortion?

Any pickup can be used for distorted sounds, in any position.

Also I don't recall any Ibanez models that came with a Duncan Distortion stock, they typically use their own brand of pups or Dimarzios on higher end models nowadays. Some of their mid-range guitars had "designed by" Duncan pups, but those weren't proper Duncans and most people don't consider them noteworthy.
There is of course nothing to keep you from installing a Duncan Distortion on your Ibanez.
Quote by TheQuailman
Any pickup can be used for distorted sounds, in any position.

Also I don't recall any Ibanez models that came with a Duncan Distortion stock, they typically use their own brand of pups or Dimarzios on higher end models nowadays. Some of their mid-range guitars had "designed by" Duncan pups, but those weren't proper Duncans and most people don't consider them noteworthy.
There is of course nothing to keep you from installing a Duncan Distortion on your Ibanez.

I had one of those, and got to try it alongside some "proper" Duncans of allegedly equivalent model.

I could find no significant electrical or tonal difference.

Now granted that was only one set, and I can't speak to the whole range, but it made me skeptical that the difference was notable.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Thanks. I have a new post up as my question for this one was too narrow but your answers very informative!