Man Fined $175 for Unbuckling His Seatbelt to Give Money to a Homeless Person
http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/13/man-fined-175-for-unbuckling-his-seatbel

Sometimes, you just have to admire the creativity of the police. When they don't have enough real criminals (or perhaps the word is "cash"), they can be endlessly inventive. In fact, the best among them can create nefarious miscreants out of saintly do-gooders.

That's exactly what happened up in Regina, Canada, last week, when police caught a man named Dane Rusk not wearing a seatbelt.

Why had Dane dared to disengage the safety device? He had been leaving the local mall, all buckled up, when he came to a stop sign:

"I stopped and looked and I saw this homeless guy holding a sign," [Dane] Rusk said. "I instantly felt sorry for him."

He unbuckled his belt to get to his wallet and give the guy $3. And for being in a car with his belt unbuckled, he received a $175 traffic ticket.

The panhandler was actually an undercover cop.

Moments after giving the guy some money:

Rusk was pulled over by police and issued a ticket.

"I said, 'What do you mean? I didn't talk to any police officer,' and he said, 'Well ya, you gave him money,'" Dusk said.

"I said, 'Oh, the homeless guy?'"

The person Rusk handed change to was an undercover cop, and Rusk received the fine for not wearing a seat belt.

Rusk said he was "pretty shocked" by the incident. "The ticket's $175 and the three dollars I gave to him – I'm out $178 all because I was trying to help out a homeless guy."

The police went on to explain that the real reason they went after Rusk was that intersections are dangerous and somehow he was contributing to that. But perhaps the biggest crime in Regina is trying to be a decent human being.

Lesson learned, good job Canada.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by genghisgandhi at #34006642
I'd rather be unjustly fined than shot to death

lol
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

There are nice cops, but all the one's i have met are dick for the most part.
and whats been going on in the news lately, i don't have a lot of respect for po po

another note, don't give homeless people money. give them food and a job application.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.
Quote by WaterGod
When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.
yeah, that's what happens
175$?! What a fucking joke. That's more than a speeding ticket let alone a seat belt ticket, here in the states
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by WaterGod

Says the anti-Catholic WaterGod

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
i have a friend that got arrested and put in a paddy wagon, or whatever the modern term is, with a bunch of other people for feeding homeless people.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Carnivean
175$?! What a fucking joke. That's more than a speeding ticket let alone a seat belt ticket, here in the states

thats 175$ in monopoly money tho
It wasn't for "being in a car with his belt unbuckled" but for driving without a seatbelt. That said, it's complete bullshit and I hope he wins in court to get the ticket dropped. This is also not the first time Regina City Police have done this.