Poll: Which looks better
Poll Options
View poll results: Which looks better
Normal
4 31%
Reversed
9 69%
Voters: 13.
i'm confused. why would you want less upper fret access?

this is like, the worst thing you could do to a strat, unless you're picasso.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
That's what I thought at first, but they kind of grow on you after a while.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Didn't SRV play with a left-handed trem on a right hander sometimes?

Yes, but mostly that just tore a lot of sleeves (and stories vary on whether it was out of necessity or in imitation of Hendrix or both).

Anyway, I'm not big on the reverse right hander thing but if you're going to do it reverse headstock is a must in my view
Like I said, it starts to grow on you. When I first saw it I thought "Why would anyone buy one of these?". But then after looking at them for a while, normal strats started to look weird.
I am a fan of reversed headstocks on certain guitars but not on a Strat but that is just my preference, I would not want to lose the upper fret access either.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Tony Done
Or Jimi. It isn't the kind of thing I would do deliberately.

no the body and pick guard is also reversed. not just the neck. jimi would have never done this.

it's like an optical illusion.

the pick guard is on the larger horn half if the body, what is normally the upper half on a RH guitar. it's not just a flipped body with a normal pick guard, the guard is on the wrong half of the body. LH body, RH pick guard. who does that?

so its not a hendrix thing, it's intentionally losing the upper fret access cutaway under the neck, keeping the controls on the lower half of the guitar.

this is just all kinds of wrong!

OP - good luck though, i dig me a warmoth strat.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 14, 2016,
Do whichever you like best.

Personally I don't like either of them for the same reasons posted.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by 70001407
I've got other guitars for the higher frets

But what do you gain by doing it wrong like that? It looks stupid and hurts its ability to actually be played...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
if you play like jeff healey it wouldn't matter.
Quote by tubetime86
But what do you gain by doing it wrong like that? It looks stupid and hurts its ability to actually be played...

So what? It's not your guitar. Some people play black Stratocasters, some people play clownburst Les Pauls and as far as I'm concerned they look utterly boring, but I'm sure plenty of people would say the same of my blonde Telecaster. You gotta do you.
You all have every right to berate me for this
But I actually quite like the look of it
I stopped using higher frets as much a long time ago though
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
The scratch plate is all wrong. Sorry, but I think that it just looks stoopid either way.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by gregs1020
if you play like jeff healey it wouldn't matter.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge