What is it all about?
  • bigger avatars 100x100
  • better "reply" option
    no more redirection to use advanced settings, all in one window
  • new parameters (check out new width)
  • faster
    AND
  • there will be Mobile Version soon!

That is just a few words about UG New Forum. To make it comfortable, we need your feedback as we're still working to improve it.

The best part is that you can make it better!
Here is a link to a new UG forum -- > https://forum.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/

Try it, post your feedback here (what to fix/improve) and we will change it.

when?

Also was this the cause of the forum going completely tits up earlier?

EDIT: It's ok, but I want UG black That classic theme is horrific
Last edited by sam b at Jun 14, 2016,
2 comments from initial look.

Will there be alternative colour schemes? I know a lot of people like UG Black and I don't see an option to switch.

I don't see a search bar, is that gone or to be added?
Also with a new forum isnt it about time you got new moderators?

edit: wew I posted this on the new forum and it took me back to the old one
Oh, they tied the search bar in to the main one you would use to search for tabs, reviews etc.
sam b, we will have dark version as well - will be ready today-tomorrow.
We worked with current version as well, so probably something happened, but we fixed it =]

New forum will be released as soon as we have good reviews here ( = pass this open testing) (hope to release it till the end of this week)
It's OK if you were transfered from new forum to current one. It just bc new one is not default at this moment.
I'm not sure I like how wide it is to be honest, but I imagine I'll get used to it. Having everything available in the quick-reply box is good though
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

don't change anything if you change anything youll most likely fuck it up

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Shura_FYI
sam b, we will have dark version as well - will be ready today-tomorrow.
We worked with current version as well, so probably something happened, but we fixed it =]

New forum will be released as soon as we have good reviews here ( = pass this open testing) (hope to release it till the end of this week)

Sweet Until I see it in the black version I can't really compare as I havent used classic since.. well as long as I can remember. Nothing really seems that much different though on first impression apart from the whole thing being wider.

's good
Quote by EndTheRapture51
don't change anything if you change anything youll most likely fuck it up

that is why we testing it here first =)
the formatting is a bit too wide

like this current one has the nice black borders either side of the screen to frame the page

the new one doesn't, makes it look like a mobile site i'd look into that if you could

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
the formatting is a bit too wide

like this current one has the nice black borders either side of the screen to frame the page

the new one doesn't, makes it look like a mobile site i'd look into that if you could

It's probably to make the transition to mobile site easier but I agree with you.

Also I don't get how people can use UG Black. Even just looking at this page with the black borders makes it jarring to switch to a site with a white background. I only imagine Black would make that worse.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

More hug smileys please
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
We need Kappa and PogChamp emojis too

Quote by JackalUK
Search function shows old to new, can we have a switch to change that?

Got it, default will be new --> old

About search
here -->

instead of here -->
Quote by sam b
Also with a new forum isnt it about time you got new moderators?

i agree please make me supreme overlord admin mod leader
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by K33nbl4d3
More hug smileys please

EDIT: We also need :backpedal: solely for the football thread
Last edited by sam b at Jun 14, 2016,
I like the reply format for sure, really would like to see the UG Black version of it tho. The wider formatting is nice too.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

whoo hoo a mobile app too
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Baby Joel
i agree please make me supreme overlord admin mod leader

I was just reminding myself who was on the team these days, and Ze is back?
Seems to work well.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
also we should have all of masquirina's dancing fruits become standardised smileys
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
if some people want wide formatting and some people don't can we please have the option to change

there's so much dead space on my screen with the wide formatting

Can we add an option that's only available to me and that lets me change random posts to bear related posts whenever I feel like it?

I promise I'll be responsible with it...
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

I had a comment but it was more about aesthetic than functionality. Quotes look really odd to me. Maybe I'll get accustomed to it with time.
Wow... I think this is the first major forum overhaul since the old bee colors almost 15 years ago.

Format looks nice
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Hey that's cool. I'll be honest, I figured UG stopped caring about its forums and was on its last leg so thanks for the update.

So I guess it's safe to assume the freak out last night was due to testing this out or something?

Quote by Shura_FYI
And yes, all requests about smiles are redirected to developers (about masquirina's dancing fruits first of all =) )
Thank you God. :')
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
You can search through the older threads in sub forums by about 10 years, this is very useful in something like Tabs and Chords where we can track down older collabs/versions of songs.

SO DONT GET RID OF THIS PLS.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Page 1 of 3