I have been thinking about getting a new tube combo as my current amp is just not cutting it. I have been considering the Bugera V22 Infinium however its a bit too expensive for me.
I am looking for (preferably) a tube combo that has a good clean tone like the bugera but will also sound good with a distortion pedal or even its overdrive channel if it has one. I mostly play zeppelin, hendrix, chili peppers, Pearl jam, Soundgarden so i am looking for an amp that can get close to their sounds.

Do any of you have suggestions?
250 is probably the low end of what you can buy if you want tubes. Save your money and stretch your budget more and you can get something decent.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Not really cause I don't like them. Maybe somebody else can help you with that.

I'd just save your money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by filipkuster
do you have any recommendations for solid state or hybrids?

Yes

I recommend you avoid them.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Like Korina said.i had a quick browse on eBay there and there was a ton of peavey tube combos there for under £300 including valve kings.Im not 100% how decent the cleans are but from my what I've heard the drive side of them are very decent.
Valvekings are nice enough. Peavey Classics are too, but they're probably hard to find within budget.

Best sounding combo you can get for your styles under 250 quid would probably be a Laney VC50 - it's been out of production for a long time now, but they are still easy to find used in the UK.
A VC30 is also worth a look. Note that though these two amps have similar names and are/were made by the same manufacturer, their circuits are completely different, meaning they sound different, too. Both will cover the types of music you play though.

Maybe look into Hughes & Kettner as well. The Statesman 20w combo might just be within budget used. An Edition Tube combo should be within budget definitely, though imo isn't as nice as the Statesman.
some of the lower gain jet cities (which i haven't tried) might be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Keep saving and go for a Marshall dsl401

I'd be looking 2nd hand on your budget
What about that new Fender Bassbreaker? I'm pretty sure they do a combo in your budget...
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Fender Super Champ XD/X2 is a tube hybrid amp that delivers legit tone covering your wants. They can be found used for $200 if you are patient. Worth a look. Otherwise a small tube amp and $500 worth of pedals will get you there.

"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
USCENDONE BENE Good Shout....but probably this means the 7 Watt combo (£268) as the 15 Watt is £450.
Yeah used Laneys and Peaveys are good bets. Jet Cities as has been mentioned
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Jet City, used Laney Cub/Lionheart, second hand DSL 40C/15 if doable.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100