Unless my computer has gone haywire, it seems we have a new page format.

I'm not sure that I like it. Not sure at all.
I think you'll get used to it

It's marginally different, and they're still working on suggestions and bug fixes. Most of the big issues right now are for moderator tools.
My God, it's full of stars!
This sucks! It just erased 10 minutes of typing when I hit "reply".

Actually, I think it was when I tried to use the "Classic style" in the flyout menu that it erased my post...

(I should probably know better than to try and make the kind of adjustment, without copying the post to the clipboad first).

Another small point, now the forum carries the same icon as the rest of UG. To some extent that doesn't matter, but when you have have a row of tabs at this site open, now you can't pick out the forum as easily.
Quote by Captaincranky
This sucks! It just erased 10 minutes of typing when I hit "reply".

Actually, I think it was when I tried to use the "Classic style" in the flyout menu that it erased my post...

(I should probably know better than to try and make the kind of adjustment, without copying the post to the clipboad first).

Another small point, now the forum carries the same icon as the rest of UG. To some extent that doesn't matter, but when you have have a row of tabs at this site open, now you can't pick out the forum as easily.

I did the same thing, but my typing was still there when I hit the back button, and it was also back to "classic" format. I guess it is a minor glitch that will get fixed.

I don't like the way it displays "my posts" though, it takes up a lot of space, and doesn't seem to be telling me if there are any new replies.
I can't tell which threads I've checked and which I haven't anymore. I think the black is ugly, hard to read. It feels like some kinda early Internet geocity shit and I don't vibe with it. I try not to be negative but hoo-boy this update gets me.
Quote by teleobrien
I can't tell which threads I've checked and which I haven't anymore. I think the black is ugly, hard to read. It feels like some kinda early Internet geocity shit and I don't vibe with it. I try not to be negative but hoo-boy this update gets me.
Well, I have the "classic" color scheme back and it is working.

What you're complaining about, at least part of it, is there are no longer groups of sub-forums. You get one sub-forum, or all.

Am I personna non-grata, (again), or is the damned email notification system broken again?
Quote by Captaincranky
Well, I have the "classic" color scheme back and it is working.. . . .

Yes - I've managed to find the way to do that too (scroll down to bottom left of main page). Much better: white letters on blackground is a crap format!
Ive noticed that all threads are always unread. Even when I'm the last to post next time I come back even if I just close the page and re open that thread is unread.
I am on an iPhone if that makes a difference?

Also on a slight tangent. Anyway of linking the UG tabs app to the forum?
Thom1989
Quote by Thom1989
Ive noticed that all threads are always unread. Even when I'm the last to post next time I come back even if I just close the page and re open that thread is unread.
That's only a problem of perception on your part, (I think). You can read the thread, without, "putting out the light", so to speak. I believe this notice isn't supposed to go out until you re-post to the thread. That way, the notice doesn't come back on until someone posts after your last post.
Captaincranky
Quote by Captaincranky
Thom1989 That's only a problem of perception on your part, (I think). You can read the thread, without, "putting out the light", so to speak. I believe this notice isn't supposed to go out until you re-post to the thread. That way, the notice doesn't come back on until someone posts after your last post.
Actually, I'm in error with this. The system seems count your, (or "my"), own posts as a new post, and the notification beacon stays on. And no, you're right, that's not right.. (IMHO, olf course).

Quote by Garthman
Yes - I've managed to find the way to do that too (scroll down to bottom left of main page). Much better: white letters on blackground is a crap format!
Yeah, I think it's supposed to, at once, have more impact while being more intimate. All it really does is give you eye strain.

I will say, dark backgrounds work well for art & photos. I don't think they lead your eye out of the frame the way white does, (and they seem more "intimate").