Page 1 of 2
shits been going down in orlando lately...
after the incident with the gorilla to you thought they would amp up safety procedures all over the world.
poor kid, wtf

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alligator-drags-child-into-water-at-disney-resort/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=25552712

edit: also, new ug looks nice but i'm having trouble posting links, probably going to discover more problems very soon, and no "hover" option?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Whoa weird it's like there are still wild animals in the world
My God, it's full of stars!
Sad for sure, anyone who knows anything about alligators know they actively hunt at night, and that there is no body of freshwater they won't populate even man made lakes and swimming pools. Florida residents know this but unfortunately toursists don't. I'm sure Disney doesn't want to put beware of alligator signs near it's lake as it would likely turn off the tourists. A sad tragedy that could have been prevented.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Sad for sure, anyone who knows anything about alligators know they actively hunt at night, and that there is no body of freshwater they won't populate even man made lakes and swimming pools. Florida residents know this but unfortunately toursists don't. I'm sure Disney doesn't want to put beware of alligator signs near it's lake as it would likely turn off the tourists. A sad tragedy that could have been prevented.

There are plenty of signs in this area that are marked "No Swimming". As awful as this situation is, the parents ignored the signs and waded into the lake/pond and their child paid the price.
I agree, ignorance prevailed here, I'm sure the parents didn't consider wading a foot from shore in shallow water to be swimming or that there would be alligators in a man made lake on a Disney resort they paid the ultimate price for their ignorance.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

That's some kind of visceral nightmare. I feel for the parents.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by drdoom8793
Quote by Evilnine

There are plenty of signs in this area that are marked "No Swimming". As awful as this situation is, the parents ignored the signs and waded into the lake/pond and their child paid the price.
Sort of like the guy who wlaked off the marked path in Yellowstone, fell into a hot spring and got turned into a broth?
Quote by ErikLensherr
That's some kind of visceral nightmare. I feel for the parents.

Yeah I can't even begin to imagine something like this happening it is horrific on so many levels and must be very surreal to have it happen when you are on vacation which is when most people are in the best of spirits.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by drdoom8793
Quote by Evilnine

Sort of like the guy who wlaked off the marked path in Yellowstone, fell into a hot spring and got turned into a broth?

Yes or the boy who fell into the Gorilla enclosure in Cincinnati.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by drdoom8793

The new quote layering effect is pretty cool.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Quote by Evilnine
Quote by slapsymcdougal

The new quote layering effect is pretty cool.

Indeed it is. I definitely feel for the parents because obviously it sucks that this happened. But warning signs exist for a reason.

Edit: Well, we can see the limitations on the quote within a quote now.
To people making vague blaming gestures at the parents: Maybe use signs that say "No Swimming", comma, "Alligators".
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
To people making vague blaming gestures at the parents: Maybe use signs that say "No Swimming", comma, "Alligators".

So now even the alligators aren't allowed to swim?

Smh, nanny state
Fuck Semi-Colon then. I haven't been sleeping.

By the way, if that sign existed, 15 yr old me would probably steal it. So, y'know, never make signs that can be used ironically by teenagers.
Quote by Dreadnought
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Smh, nanny state

Apparently that sign would have been better for the alligators.

Four alligators were removed from the water overnight and euthanized to look for signs of the boy.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Hmmmm. Reminds me of the comerical with that aligator paying the lunch tab. Gooooood crispy duck.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

I'm not making a vague blaming gesture, the kid is dead because the parents were idiots. Utter fucking idiots. And their child paid the price for their stupidity.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
tbh I would not be thinking of aligators if I read a "no swimming" sign. I've seen them my entire life and have never had that cross my mind. I guess you should be thinking differently if in Florida though
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
"No Swimming Alligators" would prohibit the hovering variety, so we should probably go with that option.
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
"No Swimming Alligators" would prohibit the hovering variety, so we should probably go with that option.

But that could also be interpreted as there being no alligators swimming in the water which would make people think it is safe and lower their guard.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
When I heard this on the news I didn't realise it had happened actually inside the Disney park.

Why the fuck are there alligators inside a children's amusement park?! Why the fuck are there bodies of water full of alligators that people can get into without any warning or guarding in a children's amusement park?

All sorts of stupid decisions here.
#banallgators or maybe #killallgators ??

Just read that Disney employs some wildlife control system where they typically remove or euthanize all alligators, and this is the first time they've had an incident like this in its 45 years or whatever. Also, the kid was in one foot of water, and the father was close enough to try and wrestle him back from the animal but wasn't able to do so. Damn.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Why the fuck are there alligators inside a children's amusement park?!

They're actually the least common predator at Disney World
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Why the fuck are there alligators inside a children's amusement park?! Why the fuck are there bodies of water full of alligators that people can get into without any warning or guarding in a children's amusement park?

The alligator population of Florida is estimated to be about a million. They can live in pretty much any vaguely clean fresh water. They go where they want and you can't keep them out of anything, especially smaller alligators. It would be almost literally impossible to make fences or whatever to completely keep alligators out of a place as big as an amusement park, especially considering that they are far skilled enough digging and climbing that you would think and surprisingly crafty. You simply can't do it.
Yeah first that qt singer gets killed, then the club shooting, now an alligator kills a kid. This ain't Orlando's week.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by mattedbird
kids body found whole inside gator

Uh no he was found near where the gator took him. Stupid animal didn't even eat him.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by theogonia777
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

The alligator population of Florida is estimated to be about a million. They can live in pretty much any vaguely clean fresh water. They go where they want and you can't keep them out of anything, especially smaller alligators. It would be almost literally impossible to make fences or whatever to completely keep alligators out of a place as big as an amusement park, especially considering that they are far skilled enough digging and climbing that you would think and surprisingly crafty. You simply can't do it.

I knew a guy in HS that caught a baby one with his hands at our local national park once. But yeah, those things are everywhere. If there's ever one chasing you, you're supposed to run in zig-zag patterns, because they're fast af, but they have to situate themselves just to turn a different direction #protip
Quote by ErikLensherr
Quote by mattedbird
kids body found whole inside gator

Uh no he was found near where the gator took him. Stupid animal didn't even eat him.

Poor kid, doesnt even have a cool story to tell about being eaten
Fat Lard

Apparently only small ones are particulatly fast. Big ones don't even reach like ten miles per hour. Then again, I guess not everyone can sprint at even ten miles per hour, so I guess that that is fast enough.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
When I heard this on the news I didn't realise it had happened actually inside the Disney park.

All sorts of stupid decisions here.

Florida's just a rad and wild place

#keepfloridacrazy
Quote by Dreadnought
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Smh, nanny state

did not expect to come into this thread laughing hard
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by theogonia777
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Yeah I wondered if that might be the case.

Disney have really fucked up then by not fencing the area off and making it clear to all guests that it's dangerous.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by theogonia777
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Yeah I wondered if that might be the case.

Disney have really fucked up then by not fencing the area off and making it clear to all guests that it's dangerous.

As I understand it, this did not take place in the park but near to it. It's also the first time in 45 years. I don't think this is a Disney failure.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 2