Just got a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage I gifted to me by my Uncle. First time with an amp like this, and I have never owned a tube amp. Any advice on this paticular amp from past experience? It would be greatly appreciated. Any major threads/forums about the amp would be useful! Or advice in general. I am reading the owners manual right now before I use it just to make sure I dial down some logistics. Also for exmaple, I am wondering why the 4ohm and 8ohm on the back each has two inputs?

Thanks!
Those are outputs and they have two in case you have to run 2 cabinets at that ohm range. So if you're running 2x 8ohm cabinets, then you use those outs.

General tips? Play around with it, mess with the EQ until you find sounds you like. The Stiletto series is a bit on the bright side IMO so it helps to run the treble a bit lower than you usually would. Never turn the amp on unless you're plugged into a cabinet or you are risking doing damage to your amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thank you that is sound advice. I played it first the first time, along with a Rectifier today. Wow I love Mesa Boogie! I instantly loved the buttery metal sound it had. The Stiletto took me a second, but I found sounds I really like very quickly! You are right, it is a lot on the bright side and that took me a sec to figure out . But I like how you can still adjust and find sounds really similar to what I was loving on the Rect, and others. I think a couple tubes may be broken from the shipment as well. When you are on the first channel and switch to Tite Clean, it loses a ton of volume. And the amp did not seem as loud as I thought it should have..So that could be a factor as well. How do I find out if a tube is broken? Turn it on in a dark room to see if the filament is out?
If a power tube was broken then you most likely wouldnt get sound at all. It could be that tite clean is just a more quiet setting but I havent owned a stiletto in a while so im not sure. Are the rest of the settings okay volume wise?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.