I replaced all the wiring and components in my epiphone les paul standard and now it doesn't work like it should. This was my first time ever soldering and it seems like I did an 'at least ok' job. For starters, the first problem is the toggle switch is super picky about where it needs to be situated to allow both pickups to even work. The switch wire going to the neck volume pot seems to work a lot better than the bridge one, which is a massive pain. If I move the switch oh-so-slightly, either the bridge pickup or both of them will cut out. Other than that, there's weird stuff going on with the volume pots themselves. Turned all the way up it's fine, but when I roll it down the bridge pot it first starts working like it should and gets quieter. Then right before it's rolled all the way down it jumps way up in volume and cuts in and out, and gets a little scratchy sounding, but it actually turns off. The neck volume pot doesn't even turn off the volume all the way. That's all the functional problems. Any advice, help, or possible solutions?

I guess I could post pictures if somebody could tell me how.
I can give you some idea:

The toggle switch you fitted is duff, that simple.
As for the problem with the pots, it sounds like they're wired incorrectly rather than damaged perhaps, but I can't tell you how exactly.

Your best best to post pictures might be via an external host like Imgur.
Wow, that's a lot of wierd issues. I would start with making sure there's no drips of solder where there isn't supposed to be any. Go over your wiring diagram again and make sure all the wires go where they are supposed to.
Did you use the old components, or are these new (switch and knobs, etc). It really sounds like there is a solder bridge on the switch somewhere (a drop of solder connecting one or more of the terminals where they aren't supposed to be).
Pics could probably help.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I used a 50's style diagram and as far as I know I wired it right. I have noticed that a bit of solder trickled down both of the volume knob pickup prongs and little on the neck volume middle prong. I was having a hard time getting used to filling in the prongs with solder at first and sometimes it would flow too far down. By the way, it's hard to get a good picture of the switch without desoldering a bunch.
Quick tip: You don't need to fill the prongs. You just need enough solder to hold the wire in place. The less solder you can use to do this, the better.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Do you see any bare wire touching anything grounded like your shielded cables or any grounds you've made on the pots?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.