So I'm contemplating dropping a set of EMG 57/66 in my ESP E-II Eclipse (Mahogony Body and Neck with Rosewood board with JB/'59) for more of a rock sounding guitar. I don't like the high fret access of this E-II compared to the LTD Eclipse or my Jacksons and I really don't care for the JB for high gain tones so I figured, why not set it up for rock but still be able to kick in Channel 4 Modern and tear it up?

By rock I mean Guns N' Roses and Hair Bands - stuff like that. I have all the 81's I need right now for thrash. . .

For any Roadster users out there I'm thinking Tweed and Raw modes, maybe Vintage to get the tones.

Most of the demos I can find of the EMG 57/66 are higher gain but with some mention of great results with rock tones. They are supposed to respond to rolling off the volume very well.

So, does anyone have any real world experience with:

A - EMG 57/66 for rock tones
B - EMG 57/66 with a Mesa Roadster in particular (I have the combo with V30s)

Thanks!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Why exactly those pickups? I think you migth be much better with some type of PAF pickups for those sounds. You could even go with Joe Barden pickups if you want the more "retro" sound, these brought a tremendous detail into my guitar, if you're dropping that much for pickups, might as well go for something more tactile:
http://jbepickups.com/product/hb-hb-twotone/
I've only really focused my pickup search on Seymour Duncan and EMG at this point. From what I've read the 57/66 are basically a combination of PAF but with the active qualities of clarity and sustain.

On the Duncan side I was looking at the Alcino Pro II (APH-1 set) or the Slash Signature (APH-2) which are basically the APH-1 made with the older specs and materials.

I've been an active player with the heavier music so I figured why not start the search with EMG?

I also like that I should be able to get good high gain tones out of the same pickups.

The E-II came with nickel covers for the asthetics so the 57/66 let me keep that theme.

This isn't a must happen today thing - more of a I can get these pickups in the house and not take up any more room on guitar crap!!!

I'm really curious if anyone has experience with these pickups with a Roadster or some combination of a clean Mark series or Lonestar and a Dual Rec (but rock, not metal settings).
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .