Ok as many of u may have understood from other of my posts I have a problem with guitar repairing. So a quick question.
I have a guitar with FR special and I want to replace it with an original one. I've heard that they are built the same way but with other materials.
Will the guitar need to be routed = tec = more $ ?
Thanks for your help : P
No. They're a direct replacement.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by DHF1234
So a quick question.
I have a guitar with FR special and I want to replace it with an original one. I've heard that they are built the same way but with other materials.

I wouldn't bother, unless there's something currently wrong with your FR Special. What's different? Zinc alloy saddles in place of steel and a zinc alloy sustain block in place of brass. If it were me, I'd hit up one of the places that sells big brass sustain blocks (http://www.fu-tone.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66 ) and replace that. You'll probably want the largest one *that will fit* in your guitar (Fu-Tone will help you with this). At least one of my guitars has had the zinc alloy saddles in place for 25 years with no failures. Replace them when they die. But the big brass sustain block will make a pretty big difference in how the FR feels and even in how your guitar plays (bends, etc.). It'll also change the weight distribution (slightly). Tone and sustain I'll leave to you to comment on. But I can tell you that even if you replaced your FR Special with an OFR (or FRO, as they're now called), you'd still probably want to replace the sustain block.

Note: *Brass* sustain block. I don't recommend the Titanium or Copper versions.
Thnx gyus I'll firstly change s.block and if I am not happy from the result then I'll have it replaced with an OFR / FRO