So I am currently looking for a new guitar, i now have a les paul gibson copy which is i use for some heavy downtuning.

So i whould like a guitar that plays well in standard tuning or something around that, alot of metallica and stuff.
so feel free to recomend me any guitar for around 300 - 500 bucks.

The one guitar i found that got met very intrsted is the Jackson JS32T Kelly SBK, Anyone know if this is a good guitar, worth the money?
I'm assuming you want passive humbuckers.

Are you willing to buy used? Where do you live (some stuff is cheaper or pricier depending on country)?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Also - if it's a Les - you're using a 24.75" scale neck length. If memory suits, downtuning benefits from longer scale length necks. It might benefit you to to buy something with a longer scale length neck, and use the Les copy as your standard tuned neck.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Used Ltd 400 series
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
dPrimmy

I have thought of that before, yes.
Do you have any recomenaditions for a good downtuning guitar then? Same price ofc.
dannyalcatraz

passive indeed. I whould love to buy a brand new guitar as iv'e never had one. My les paul i bought used.

I live in sweden

please pardon me for band english
Mmm. Sorry, I don't know your country's market well enough to help.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
http://www.thomann.de/se/ibanez_rg350dxzwh.htm?ref=search_rslt_ibanez_260791_6
A fairly decent enough guitar, various colours available.
http://www.thomann.de/se/esp_ltd_m_330r_black.htm?ref=search_rslt_LTD_271002_8
Similar guitar but from LTD, bolt on joint isn't as good and playable as Ibanez

These are both floating bridges, you might want to look for hardtail versions if that isn't your thing, or you can just block these ones off.

I can help you find more if you let me know things like prefered body shapes, pickups or bridge styles.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
N1ghtmar3C1n3ma

Hey thanks for your response!

I did like the Ibanez RG350DXZ-WH, atleast by looks.
So a flotaing bridge affects my tuning i guess? Does it really matter? I will mostly be in standard and drop D.
Sadly i don't know mouch about bridges, pickups more than that metallica uses EMG's :/

Also if it matters, i do like playing rythm parts more than lead, if there's a guitar better for that part.
It is ok, we are here to help after all

The floating bridge only effects how easy it is to go from one tuning to the other, as you have to balance the spring tension vs the string tension, I would look into videos on Youtube about it before you decide whether you want one or not before we look at more guitars as it is a pretty major factor.

But as I said, it only makes going to different tunings more of a pain, once it is tuned and locked they are done.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by dPrimmy
Also - if it's a Les - you're using a 24.75" scale neck length. If memory suits, downtuning benefits from longer scale length necks. It might benefit you to to buy something with a longer scale length neck, and use the Les copy as your standard tuned neck.

This is true, but I think Metallica used Gibsons. At any rate, lots of metal bands do. I use a 25.5 inch RG120 (Got it for less than $200 and it was absolutely a great purchase. Shorter scale lengths allow you to play up and down the neck a little easier. For me it's quite a stretch to have my pointer finger on the third and try to reach the eighth fret with my pinky, but it probably be comfortable on a short scale.

First of all, GET WHAT YOU WANT! Make sure it excites you about playing. But I would advise against a floating trem bridge unless you know you need that whammy bar. If you play metal, you'll probably be playing in four or five different tunings (I'm pretty sure Metallica has some songs in Eb standard for instance,, but then I'm not really into classic metal), so floyd rose might be a pain. And I don't really see the point of active pups, from what I've heard (on forums/youtube videos) they don't offer any real advantages considering their disadvantages. They have their own sound but I've heard they're one-trick ponies.

Online retailers should still ship to Sweden. Andertons in the UK is the closest one I know of to where you are. They'll probably take euros. There are plenty of US based online retailers but I'm sure you don't want to pay overseas shipping.

Let me tell you about my RG120. As I said, it was a great purchase (used). They're easy to find (in the US at least. You can afford to buy an RG new, though), and don't cost very much. The neck is really thin, and the pickups sound great for what they are. The cleans in the neck pickup are amazing, and the bridge handles distortion pretty well. The bridge gets muddy with too much distortion, however. I really like the thin neck on the RG models, it's easy to play fast and I can't imagine going back to a thicker neck.