There's this song that I am learning - Gulabi Aankhen. It follows the chord progression: Am, G, F, G, E
I shift from the normal G major to the barre F major, then back to the normal G; the shifting takes too much time. I've been practicing for two weeks now with no significant improvement. I tried playing with the G barre chord, but the song doesn't sound good with it.

So, the question I want to ask is - should I play the song with the G barre chord, or continue practicing the way I am doing it now.
Quote by molu55555
There's this song that I am learning - Gulabi Aankhen. It follows the chord progression: Am, G, F, G, E
I shift from the normal G major to the barre F major, then back to the normal G; the shifting takes too much time. I've been practicing for two weeks now with no significant improvement. I tried playing with the G barre chord, but the song doesn't sound good with it.

So, the question I want to ask is - should I play the song with the G barre chord, or continue practicing the way I am doing it now.
How does the guitarist play it in the original? Can you find a video of a live performance of the song?
Friendship with the boat in the ocean of life is impossible easy, sometimes encounter clouds and storms, and in this case, the friendship should be this or that test after these dark clouds and storms, and then the friendship will more consolidated, true friendship, in any case will shine new light.
Keep on practicing. It will come eventually and after that, so many songs are easier for you.
I'd like to apologize for my incredibly late reply; I was in a place for some weeks where I didn't have access to the web.

Quote by Spidey93
How does the guitarist play it in the original? Can you find a video of a live performance of the song?

There are so many versions of the song and everybody plays it differently. Its original was sung in the 1950s, but I can't seem to find what way he played it.

I'd be trying to practice it the same way, for the advice of the more experienced guitarists here.