I have a dean razorback and I was wondering what guage should I buy to it have tuned down by one step. (D Standard)
I want the lowest action possible !
Thanks for your help

Edit : I now use 10s for this tuning in my dean but it doesn't seem to hand it pretty well
What do you mean? Are the 10s too floppy? Too tight? We can't help you if we have no idea how you find your current strings.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
10's should be fine for D standard. I have a guitar with 9's and it works fine.
1 step is nothing.
When's the last time it was fully set up?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Well they are not tight at all... Exactly the oposite , but I have fret buzz with even high action !
Get a setup. You might have a high fret or a neck bow.
Before a day but the guitar came from the tech awfully set so I got my money back.
With this $ I'll buy a pack of strings and do it myself.
You can't trust others do your job...even if they are techs
Also the guitar is a dean razorback so it has small frets that were perfectly set by the factory.
As for the neck I haven't noticed anything wrong with it...

Would 11s make a difference or somethin else happens ?
Quote by DHF1234
Before a day but the guitar came from the tech awfully set so I got my money back.
With this $ I'll buy a pack of strings and do it myself.
You can't trust others do your job...even if they are techs

Hopefully, he didn't screw something up. You can always trust a good tech, it's finding said good tech in the first place that's tough.

Quote by DHF1234
Also the guitar is a dean razorback so it has small frets that were perfectly set by the factory.
As for the neck I haven't noticed anything wrong with it...

Would 11s make a difference or somethin else happens ?

If the 10's are flopping around too much for you to play, I don't think 11's are going to be much help. Try the setup first.
Quote by ryanbwags

If the 10's are flopping around too much for you to play, I don't think 11's are going to be much help. Try the setup first.

Ok I will try to analyse it as much as I can. Here is the problem :
- The action is very high but I have fret buzz
- The neck is straight with only A LITTLE reliefe but I have fret buzz
- The strings are WAY FLOOPY

Firstly I wanna tight the strings and after that the fret buzz...
What should I do and how ?

(I can set it up... The problem is that I don't know where to start from or what causes this so I can adjust it)

Thanks for help
I use 10's for D standard and have no issues with them being floopy

I'd get it to a reputable tech and have them get it in order then you should be fine, I have been using 10's for d standard for years and never had them feel floppy or had any major buzzing even on the Dime Razorback I used to have.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

10s are fine, 11s are better. Does the guitar have a regular nut or a locking nut? If it's just a regular nut, the grooves might not be cut for larger gauges.
dthmtl3
Quote by dthmtl3
10s are fine, 11s are better. Does the guitar have a regular nut or a locking nut? If it's just a regular nut, the grooves might not be cut for larger gauges.

Locking with FR special.
DHF1234

you have a tremolo. that is why you are having problems. if you have a trem, you have to balance the tension of the strings with the tension of the springs (on the back). if you change the tuning or gauges of the strings, you have to adjust the tremolo springs in back.

google "floyd rose setup" or check the sticky out at the top of the forum.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
id do 11 on the low 3 strings and 10s on the high 3 strings. my personal preference.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by trashedlostfdup
DHF1234

you have a tremolo. that is why you are having problems. if you have a trem, you have to balance the tension of the strings with the tension of the springs (on the back). if you change the tuning or gauges of the strings, you have to adjust the tremolo springs in back.

google "floyd rose setup" or check the sticky out at the top of the forum.

I have already adjust the springs of the trem so that's ok. It's alongside the wood of the body
e.x. http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r429/xkayzerx/JacksonKingVCustomShop7.jpg