I recently bought an unloaded 2x12 and put a Celestion Vintage 30 (from my peavey 6505 112) and a WGS Veteran 30 (Bought new) inside, wired in parallel. Both 60watts and both 8ohms. My problem is, the Veteran 30 is noticably quieter than the Celestion V30. I know that the Veteran 30 is rated at 99.84 dB and the Celestion V30 is rated at 100 dB.

The 0.16 dB isn't enough to caused that much of a noticable sound difference is there?
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Those numbers are not reliably interchangeable between manufacturers. If the quiet one isn't distorting or making odd sounds or nearly inaudible on its own, I wouldn't worry much about it.
Quote by Carl21221
I recently bought an unloaded 2x12 and put a Celestion Vintage 30 (from my peavey 6505 112) and a WGS Veteran 30 (Bought new) inside, wired in parallel. Both 60watts and both 8ohms. My problem is, the Veteran 30 is noticably quieter than the Celestion V30. I know that the Veteran 30 is rated at 99.84 dB and the Celestion V30 is rated at 100 dB.

The 0.16 dB isn't enough to caused that much of a noticable sound difference is there?

The internet claim is that WGS speakers are the same as the brand name speakers, but cheaper.

Not.
Quote by dspellman
The internet claim is that WGS speakers are the same as the brand name speakers, but cheaper.

Not.

+1
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So you're saying two speakers from different brands don't sound the same? That's absolutely bewildering.

How does the WGS V30 sound? I've always been curious about those speakers.
..I was watching my death.
I know that the Veteran 30 is rated at 99.84 dB and the Celestion V30 is rated at 100 dB.

That's the difference. The more efficient speaker will be louder. The difference in numbers may not be much, but the efficiency of each speaker makes a surprising difference in perceived volume level. Also I think someone also mentioned, the different manufacturers may be using different standards or techniques to determine the efficiency of their speakers. That's why my old 1x12 cabinet I built was a bit louder when I used it with my Fender Champ than the built in speaker. The speaker I put in the cab was a bit more efficient. Not a lot, but it made a difference.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by timbit2006
So you're saying two speakers from different brands don't sound the same? That's absolutely bewildering.

How does the WGS V30 sound? I've always been curious about those speakers.

Your snarkiness is appreciated. As you'll notice, some folks have been suggesting that the WGS Veteran 30 is interchangeable with the Celestion Vintage 30, and it plainly isn't. It is, however, possible that two speakers from different brands COULD sound the same.

Your curiosity will hopefully lead to your listening to the WGS Veteran 30 in real life.