Brutal death metal with no lyrics about rape, sexual deviance, misogyny, violence against women, etc.

Page 1 of 2
I love brutal death metal music but absolutely hate how almost every brutal death metal band has lyrics about sexual deviance/rape and violence against women. That really sours the music for me and makes me not uncomfortable. It's not fair that almost all of them have lyrics like that. I try and look for bands in this style without those lyrical themes, and yet I had people made fun of me for wanting music like this without that lyrical content.

To make matters worse, I tried another place asking for bands that fit this bill musically (but not lyrically), and who did people suggest? Opeth. Meshuggah. Gojira. In Flames. Those are not brutal death metal bands. Those bands aren't even death metal bands. Don't suggest those bands or any band who sounds anything like them.

Here are some examples of what I'm looking for in terms of sound, but these bands all have lyrics about rape, violence against women, sexual deviance, etc. I want bands that sounds like these bands that have no lyrics about rape/violence against women/etc.:

Who are some bands that musically sound just like these bands, but do not have any lyrics about rape, sexual deviance, violence against women, etc.?

P.S. Do not say "you're not supposed to take those lyrics seriously". I know. And I doubt most musicians in these bands are really full blown misogynists in real life, but it's still a turn off.

P.P.S. Please DO NOT reply with "Who cares? You can't make out what they're saying most of the time, anyway..."

Helpful, beneficial replies ONLY.
Suffocation and Cryptopsy and the like are is better than all those bands anyway. Not sure if they are "brutal" enough for you or if you want goofy slam type junk. Would you settle for sexual deviation that isn't directed towards women or songs about like prison rape?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Sure. I would normally say go to the recommendation thread at the top of the page, but I think it's missing due to the recent forum changes. Here are a few bands I really enjoy that don't do the whole "kill your mother, rape your dog" thing.

and for something on the side that you might like as well:

so you can either listen to brutal death metal about killing women, or space. Most of those are likely more on the tech death side of things.
I thought that everyone here but me hated Origin?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Was going to say Mithras, glad they were posted.

Infester is a class act as well, excellent composition. Monstrosity is a little more melodic than the rest, but them and Nocturnus are worth a look.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Deeds of Flesh? They can get a bit gory at times but from the lyrics of their's that I've read it's moreso violence driven by a hatred for humanity as opposed to misogynistic impulses. Would also recommend Akercocke and Lykathea Aflame but they might not be brutal enough (due to progressive tendencies)
Perhaps Anita Sarkesian podcasts would be more to your listening pleasure.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by supertom1
Deeds of Flesh? They can get a bit gory at times but from the lyrics of their's that I've read it's moreso violence driven by a hatred for humanity as opposed to misogynistic impulses. Would also recommend Akercocke and Lykathea Aflame but they might not be brutal enough (due to progressive tendencies)
I have a soft spot for the album The Weakening. Couldn't remember who wrote it though. Good rec.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
I have a soft spot for the album The Weakening. Couldn't remember who wrote it though. Good rec.

You mean Path of the Weakening by Deeds of Flesh? Yeah, good album that.
Don't know if these are brutal enough for you, but lyrically, they should be what you're looking for.

Bloodbath

Augury

Abysmal Torment
Best thing to do is just not listen to brutal death metal, second best thing is to stop caring
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Here is one of my favorites

And another. Different vein of death metal but angry as fuck.
There is one song about killing someone deemed as a whore, but it's more about how finding faith drove him crazy and murdered under gods will.

Quote by progbass
Yep. Got me..

Don't worry, I thought the exact same thing. I initially thought it was a horror film because I watch so many of them these days,

but it turns out it's worse..progface...what have we done?

They play metal, the groovy and percussive kind. Their musical goal is to combine polyrhytmic brutality with groove. With lyrics critical against today's society, this turns to a cleansing mixture of aggression and enlightment.

I have dishonoured my ancestors.
Quote by severed-metal

I can't believe I actually paused Lykathea Aflame just to see how bad this was
Quote by MHDrunk
Best thing to do is just not listen to brutal death metal, second best thing is to stop caring

I heard there is a new thing called Brutal Female Ghostbusters Fanbase Death Metal that's surfacing this year.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Last edited by Clay-man at Jul 3, 2016,
Quote by Clay-man
I heard there is a new thing called Brutal Female Ghostbusters Fanbase Death Metal that's surfacing this year.

I thought that that was already a thing and it was called alternative metal.
I heard about this great new death metal band called Morbid Angel.

Thanks theogonia I'm now #triggered, this forum was my safe-space for escaping the existence of that album.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by theogonia777
I thought that that was already a thing and it was called alternative metal.

That would be funny if it made absolutely any sense, or had any context other than a neckbeard attempt to insult the thread I made because there's an overly tired decade old clique mentality still circulating that not even metal archives would endorse.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Last edited by Clay-man at Jul 4, 2016,
Wasn't that whole alternative metal argument of yours destroyed by a single cartoon that VG posted?

MHDrunk
Clique mentality = a bunch of yes men = opinion != fact
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Except the clique mentality doesn't really exist, especially considering how many times we've had the Dissection vs Sacramentum argument as an example.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by Clay-man
MHDrunk
Clique mentality = a bunch of yes men = opinion != fact

You silly goose, shut your butt!

Quote by progbass
Except the clique mentality doesn't really exist, especially considering how many times we've had the Dissection vs Sacramentum argument as an example.

Oh yes, don't even get this forum started on that. It's one of many times the forum members will disagree. But truthfully not all of us are in agreement with one another. It's foolish to assume we all are considering we all come from wildly different musical backgrounds.

all of a sudden if one person gets upset, we're all clique. But I think it's protective of one another if anything. Especially if a retarded person likes to try and out logic us. We're very smart. Too smart for the average forum user.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 4, 2016,
Classy sophisticates like us shouldn't stain our ears with Slipknot.
It's a Internet definition but

DEATH METAL: a form of heavy metal music using lyrics preoccupied with death, suffering, and destruction.

It's not like it's exclusively misogynistic. It's probably not your type of music, to be honest.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
The Somberlain is better than Far Away from the Sun

Quote by MHDrunk
Quote by MHDrunk
everything is backwards in Australia, so I know you really meant that Far Away From the Sun is a masterpiece
HESSIAN HAREM
Far Away from the Sun is cool but it doesn't have the leads that Somberlain does

The leads are gucci, but the songwriting and melodies on Sun are miles better.

Or kilometers. Whatever you dolts use
HESSIAN HAREM
What spawned the Dissection vs Sacramentum thing?
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Bad parenting is my guess

Nobody knows how it started but we do know it was the cause of Jon's suicide.
I keep forgetting that guy killed himself.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Last edited by Clay-man at Jul 5, 2016,
Page 1 of 2