what the songs are that all kids want to know that teachers are tired of teaching

hey. taught for like 20 years. first ten all the kids wanted to learn nirvana. next ten all the kids wanted to learn green day. what does everyone want to learn today? writing a memoir but want it to be current and been out of the game for a few years. just wondered what the "smells like teen spirit" or "boulevard of broken dreams" was today. many thanks. karl
thanks for responding!

yeah, there are those every now and then, and i've taught that a heap of times. but like fifteen years ago i prob taught "when i come around" to like 20 kids. just wondering if there was a song or a band like that that kids picked up. taught zep and floyd and the beatles but i'm thinking most of that came from listening to their parents records. like i'm curious what makes 13-year-old boys take air guitar solos these days?
the first thing that popped into my head was greenday before even opening this thread lol

idk when i started playing guitar (self taught) i was mainly playing Misfits, AC/DC, that kinda stuff
you don't need a guitar teacher if you're gonna be playing power chords all day lol
even old school death metal songs are pretty easy, just working up to the speed takes time and practice

everyone tells me to play "wonderwall" when they see my guitars in my room lol
fuck that song
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

hey dan! yeah, green day fer sure. i wonder if it's still that way.

hey i like your sound. my brain says it's like ornette coleman meets tool. i bookmarked your site. yeah, i did some oasis for a while. that was trying.
i posted a pic of my axe. it's a mahogany hollow body. i haven't been on a guitar forum for a while. been mostly writing. think if you click my profile it comes up. matt artinger in pa. dude is a monster. brought him two guitars and i said i want this neck on this body. 2 sd 59's, three ways on both humbuckers and a regular 3 way and a push/pull to invert the polarity of the neck pickup. sounds like about 30 different guitars. been playing since forever but have this heart condition so the last few years i have had to write more than gig. but yes, it you've got $3-$5 grand, artinger makes some crazy guitars. anyway, yeah, i have this deal to publish a book, but when i last taught it was all green day and good charlotte. so just trying to keep it current. anyone with any feedback would be most appreciated. karl