I respect her as a feminist
3 12%
I do not think she is a feminist
10 40%
I wish her ass was bigger
12 48%
Voters: 25.
Page 1 of 4
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647984/PIERS-MORGAN-Taylor-Swift-s-problem-s-just-damn-good-lot-them.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

What is it about Taylor Swift that inspires such extraordinarily bitchy and unsavoury reaction? Judging by social media over the past 24 hours, you’d be forgiven for thinking she’s a conniving, selfish, ruthless psycho marauding around breaking hearts as fast as she rakes in cash. She’s been branded a slut, a whore, a b*tch, and a publicity-mad, man-hunting hound after being caught kissing British actor Tom Hiddleston.

She’s an incredibly talented, phenomenally successful singer-songwriter who’s sold more than 40 million albums and 130 million single downloads.Her gigantic award haul includes 10 Grammys, one Emmy and 22 Billboard Music Awards. She’s beautiful, intelligent, hard-working, clean-living and more than lives up to the title of her 2nd album Fearless as we saw with her heroic and ultimately triumphant stand against Apple over the way it financially abused recording artists via iTunes. She’s an incredibly talented, phenomenally successful singer-songwriter who’s sold more than 40 million albums and 130 million single downloads.

She’s great to her fans, regularly sending them holiday gifts by post and in person, and even inviting them to her home to listen to her new music. She’s a serious philanthropist, donating millions of dollars to help fund arts and education projects, and to help victims of natural disasters or sexual and racial discrimination.

I’ve met Taylor a couple of times at parties and she was extremely polite, effortlessly charming, very natural and great fun. No wonder that the Hollywood Reporter described her as ‘the best people person since Bill Clinton.’ Nor that Michelle Obama said of her in 2012: ‘Taylor has rocketed to the top of the music industry but still keeps her feet on the ground, someone who has shattered every expectation of what a 22-year-old can achieve.’

So why all the constant ferocious attacks on her?

Taylor herself told GQ recently: ‘I monitor what people say about me and I see a theme. In 2010 it was, “She’s too young to get all these awards. Look how annoying she is when she wins. Is she even good?” Then in 2013 it was, “She just writes songs about guys to get revenge. She’s boy-crazy. She’s a problematic person.”'

Her latest ‘crime’ was to be caught in flagrante with Tom Hiddleston on a beach. They’re both single people, but the global vitriol poured on their heads has been extraordinary. They were accused of deliberately staging the photos. She, apparently, wanted to taunt previous boyfriend Calvin Harris and ‘rub his nose in it’. He to promote his chances of becoming the next James Bond by portraying himself as a seductive ladies man.

In a separate attack, Kim Kardashian branded Taylor a liar for saying she didn’t know Kanye was going to include her in his song Famous which included the repulsively misogynist line: ‘I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex. Why? I made that b***h famous.’ Any self-respecting married woman should surely be far more agitated about why her husband wants to write songs about desiring sex with other women?

Last night, Taylor’s management issued a withering statement reiterating her denial of knowing anything about Kanye’s sexist claptrap and saying she felt ‘humiliated’ by the song. It added: ‘Taylor cannot understand why Kanye West and now Kim Kardashian will not just leave her alone.’ I think I know why. It’s that j-word again: jealousy.

My response, therefore, to Kim Kardashian and all the other poisonous, green-eyed monsters out there currently trying to tear down Taylor Swift is simple: back off you sad, pathetic, envy-ridden people.

She’s a fantastic example of what every young women should strive to be: a true feminist whose talent, success, work ethic, behaviour and personality are all hugely positive role model messages. I certainly know which modern female icon I’d prefer my 4-year-old daughter to want to emulate when she grows up and it isn’t the talentless, bird-flipping stripper.

Do you think Taylor Swift gets an unfair and sexist amount of hate due to her reputation of dating different dudes all the time? Do you respect her as a feminist icon?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Where is the "I don't care about Taylor Swift." option in the poll?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by bradulator
In order to please Dready, here is a quiz:

Which Taylor Swift Are You?

Result: Country Swift

You're an emotional soul who just wants to find her Prince Charming. Hang in there, girl - the road ahead is a long one - but at least its inspired many a heartfelt hit.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
She dates different guys a lot
So do people I know, they're just astoundingly quick at fucking up relationships
I see no difference
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
i think she's a cool chick because she doesn't fuck around with a lot of dumb gender role things, and i like her music

like me, she is going her own way
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Where is the "I don't care about Taylor Swift." option in the poll?

ye

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
lol Piers Morgan
lol Daily Mail

I think of Taylor Swift like some sort of archon of the culture industry before I think of her as a "feminist icon." Sorta like Beyonce--bloodthirsty capitalist, abundant social nous, evidently talented, great work ethic, etc, but don't associate her much with empowering women and girls. Don't really care about who she dates.

Also, I live in a weird cultural bubble where these people don't exist most of the time, and it's not ever going to be the case where I'll interact with them personally on any meaningful level, so wth am I talking about any of this for.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
huu on living in a cultural bubble

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
huu ur huu Charles Baudelaire metaphorically sleeps in my closet
Quote by Skibolky
It just takes such relatively little popularity to become Taylor Swift. No one likes Taylor Swift, probably less than 1% of the population is truly a Taylor Swift fan. Same is true for any popstar or celebrity.
But having .1 percent of people being your fan is good enough to dominate pop culture headlines and such.
Most of us are still gonna not like and even strongly hate whatever the current pop god is
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I think of Taylor Swift like some sort of archon of the culture industry before I think of her as a "feminist icon." Sorta like Beyonce--bloodthirsty capitalist, abundant social nous, evidently talented, great work ethic, etc, but don't associate her much with empowering women and girls. Don't really care about who she dates.

Also, I live in a weird cultural bubble where these people don't exist most of the time, and it's not ever going to be the case where I'll interact with them personally on any meaningful level, so wth am I talking about any of this for.

pretty much this yeah.

i do think there is a very dumb double standard -- like obviously no one whines about white dudes singing too many songs about girls, right? and that's bullshit.

but you know, calling her "a fantastic example of what every young women [sic] should strive to be" is a classic example of feminism as "grievances of privileged white women". smh.

im just happy we're gonna get an album about tom hiddlestone when they break up
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

She did Calvin Harris dirty, dawg. Also she looks like a squinty bird.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by EyeNon15
It just takes such relatively little popularity to become Taylor Swift. No one likes Taylor Swift, probably less than 1% of the population is truly a Taylor Swift fan. Same is true for any popstar or celebrity.
But having .1 percent of people being your fan is good enough to dominate pop culture headlines and such.
Most of us are still gonna not like and even strongly hate whatever the current pop god is
1% of the population is a lot of people, dude. I also know a shit ton of Swift fans.

People do actually like Pop music, surprisingly enough.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If she put on like 30-50 lbs with like 10% of it in her boobs she would be amazing.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by BladeSlinger
1% of the population is a lot of people, dude. I also know a shit ton of Swift fans.

People do actually like Pop music, surprisingly enough.

1% is a lot sure, but way less than 99%
And I think you are overestimating the value of people you know in context of overall population.
Quote by EyeNon15
1% is a lot sure, but way less than 99%
And I think you are overestimating the value of people you know in context of overall population.

god what a cringe worthy opinion.

The value of people in context?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'd just like to say that the kinds of people who'd cynically explode about tabloid stunts are exactly the people who deserve tabloid stunts.

I don't know anything about T-Swift except from the creepin' UGers. Asking if she is a feminist icon defeats the purpose of her being a feminist icon. So yes, but no.
Quote by BladeSlinger
god what a cringe worthy opinion.

The value of people in context?

Nah, you just have a cringeworthy understanding.

Value refers to the amount, not to people. A number, which represents a value, when dealing with numbers. value may refer to several, strongly related notions: The value of a variable or a constant is any number or other mathematical object assigned to it.
Quote by EyeNon15
Nah, you just have a cringeworthy understanding.

Value refers to the amount, not to people. A number, which represents a value, when dealing with numbers. value may refer to several, strongly related notions: The value of a variable or a constant is any number or other mathematical object assigned to it.
Your retort was lame as shit, but I definitely interpreted your post incorrectly.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Not really a feminist icon at all

She's just a musician out to make money and live a happy life, she has no higher calling as a feminist or politician imo.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by BladeSlinger
Your retort was lame as shit, but I definitely interpreted your post incorrectly.

So completely proving you wrong isnt enough? I have to do it cool too?
Quote by bradulator

You're an emotional soul who just wants to find her Prince Charming. Hang in there, girl - the road ahead is a long one - but at least its inspired many a heartfelt hit.

Result: Sassy Swift

Gone are the days you let Kanye West steal your thunder without putting up a fight. Nowadays, if someone crosses you - they're gonna gonna get SASSED.

I'm okay with this
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by neidnarb11890

but you know, calling her "a fantastic example of what every young women [sic] should strive to be" is a classic example of feminism as "grievances of privileged white women". smh.

intersectionality huu
Quote by Skibolky
but what % of the population are "pop culture headlines" even aimed at? that's the real question. it's a mistake to assume that 100% of the population care about popular music and/or celebrity gossip -- so what really matters is not 1% of the population relative to 100% of the population, but 1% of the total population relative to x number of potential consumers -- this is the real "value in context".
Quote by bradulator
In order to please Dready, here is a quiz:

Which Taylor Swift Are You?

I love this quiz

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Result: Baker Swift

Oh heyyyy there Sifty Swifty! After a long day of making the world's most perfect music, you love nothing more than to kick back and Bake It Off.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Dreadnought
Brad and Lyle like 15 yr old Swift

Country swift was best Swift

Quote by neidnarb11890
but what % of the population are "pop culture headlines" even aimed at? that's the real question. it's a mistake to assume that 100% of the population care about popular music and/or celebrity gossip -- so what really matters is not 1% of the population relative to 100% of the population, but 1% of the total population relative to x number of potential consumers -- this is the real "value in context".

Well its good topic for troll threads
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer

goddamn
Quote by Skibolky
Quote by bradulator
Country swift

I could see her gettin' drunk and lickin' a counter donut.
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
Page 1 of 4