What's up coolest team,

I have been meticulously arranging/tabbing/memorizing classical works for electric guitar ensemble, by hand with a somewhat novel notation. My intent is for them to be played with picks and drum kit. Why? I love classical music, and I believe the union of classical sophistication and detail with an electrified rock sound (modest, not metal, with detailed dynamics and expression) can be more exciting than one genre or the other. Second, classical music played with a pick on electric guitar is SO fun to learn, as the fingerings are brain benders unlike most other music, and it just sounds great. I highly encourage players interested in exploring a world where expression is unlimited to listen and play them. The Hindemith especially has some loopy harmonies and fun shapes. Third, I am an ambassador for classical music in general, and I simply hope that some folks out there will play it and enjoy it as much as I have.

My full tabs for Tchaikovsky String Quartet No. 1 (1871), third movement - Scherzo are attached, as well as my rudimentary recording; as well as full tabs for Hindemith Piano Sonata 2 (1936), first movement. Interestingly, the Tchaikovsky can be played with only THREE guitars, note for note. See pages 4-5, the middle voices. This makes plain the possibilities for composition of rock music that, for one instrument, contains more dense voices, more sophisticated harmonies, voice leading, chromaticisms than most other music. Further, it's possible to play on one guitar all FOUR voices of passages of even more harmonically interesting music, which gives rise to even weirder and cooler shapes, e.g. by Janácek (String Quartet No. 2 mvt 3), and Shostakovich (Gm Quintet, Scherzo), and others for which completely polished tabs are in progress.

The recording is very rough, the first one I've ever done. I did some EQ/volume adjustments. It was recorded with my computer microphone, Audacity, and my Ibanez RT150 plugged directly into a Pignose G40 tube amp. Convincing?

Tchaik tab
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IuHe-D7a0xY2pLVHczeC1Zck0
recording
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IuHe-D7a0xNTY3aFZVMlNSalE

Hindy tab
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_IuHe-D7a0xenA0YXNuYzZhOUE
please listen to this great recording, it's an awesome piece!

Feel free to share.

Are any guitarists/drummers, or do you know of any, in Nashville interesting in joining me to record and perform?
Quote by Psychic
Are any guitarists/drummers, or do you know of any, in Nashville interesting in joining me to record and perform?

If you were really Psychic you would know.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You're in Nashville and asking the internet to help you find musicians?

If you want to get musicians on board, you'll first need to record some decent demos of your idea. And then you need to offer either money for their time, or have some paying gigs with this music lined up.

And this being classical music, you're probably safe using standard notation.
Quote by cdgraves
You're in Nashville and asking the internet to help you find musicians?

If you want to get musicians on board, you'll first need to record some decent demos of your idea. And then you need to offer either money for their time, or have some paying gigs with this music lined up.

And this being classical music, you're probably safe using standard notation.

Thanks for commenting. Yeah, I've asked some friends and posted on Craigslist with no luck yet. I have some more looking to do. Thanks for the suggestion to just make better demos, that makes sense--I uploaded a new version of the recording with some EQ/volume adjustments, but it's still noisy, and I'll be working on finding better software and equipment. In terms of notation, reading sheet music is really slow for me, and the shapes are often too weird to just read. So I really need the tab. Plus part of my intent is to share the tabs and make this music more accessible to players. Related .... Bela Fleck said that he does better with tabs ... see his recordings of classical works with Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile, John Williams, Joshua Bell, and others on Perpetual Motion.

theogonia777, yeah I'm not that psychic, just a little, like I can tell what someone wants for lunch, and sometimes what number a person is thinking of, but that's pretty much it.

What else do you think about this in general?
In my and my fellow musicians' experience, finding players and gigs requires getting out into the scene and meeting people.

This isn't like asking someone to play a blues gig for $200. Anyone would sign up for that. You're asking to do something pretty out of the ordinary, and most people are going to look at that skeptically. Chances are, you'll find mostly people who just don't have much else going on musically, because they aren't very good players. And if you're not finding decent players, what's the point of the recording project? Most players worth recording value their time and don't have much extra of it. Given what you find most of the time on craigslist, it shouldn't be surprising that good players aren't spending too much time there.

If you're of age, go to the open stage and jam a little and tell people about your project. Put up some flyers at a music school, where people are studying classical music already and don't yet have professional gigs. Try to engage musicians personally and find ones who are already interested in classical music.