i'll try to keep this brief. went to college for computer engineering at major (and expensive) university, professors and course structure blew dick, didn't learn, lost motivation, dropped out with 15 credits left, never going back to said university. 20 grand in debt, mediocre job, want to go get associates in some sort of CIS. question of the day is: leaning on either network/system administration or cybersecurity/information assurance. assuming basic low level terd positions, which has a better job market?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
The combination of your post and your sig:

I can't have sex with your personality
And I can't put my penis in your college degree
So why you sharing all this information with me?
Just show me your gentials... your genitals
Show me your genitals... your genitalia!

Seriously though I'd say networking/sysadmin since it's a less specific field so you could work literally anywhere. A lot of places don't care about cybersecurity, even if they should. Everyone though needs "an IT guy" and that usually boils down to connectivity and user configuration which is really really easy.

I'm not a computer engineer but I do have a minor in computer science and have worked in the tech field for ~6 years now. This is all basically my hunch supported by what I've seen in the workplace.
Lion_Slicer without getting into specifics, livable income?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
which has a better job market?

That would depend on where you are dude. If you were applying for a job with me and you said you didn't finish with only 15 credits left I'd strike you off the list straight away tbf.
Quote by Lion_Slicer

Jon Lajoie.
-BUBBA-
Sysadmin, ops, and DevOps definitely have strong job markets. Speaking from personal experience.

The beauty of these is a lot of places don't have strict certification/degree requirements and offer a lot of positions to scale (entry level and move up).

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Don't have much to contribute here but I think you should look into loan forgiveness. May waste your time but may not.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Cyber/etc security will be a much hotter field in the future according to this Future Smart book.
Quote by Lion_Slicer

Seriously though I'd say networking/sysadmin since it's a less specific field so you could work literally anywhere. A lot of places don't care about cybersecurity, even if they should. Everyone though needs "an IT guy" and that usually boils down to connectivity and user configuration which is really really easy.

I'm not a computer engineer but I do have a minor in computer science and have worked in the tech field for ~6 years now. This is all basically my hunch supported by what I've seen in the workplace.

Off and on, over the last 20 years or so, I've worked a lot of IT jobs, including my own business on the weekends doing IT stuff.
User config and fixing connectivity issues are easy, shit I could do in my sleep, or even falling down, vomiting drunk. and comprise like 90% of what is done.
Especially is you use those crappy Linksys routers. I had like 50 of the 4 port ones on the floor I worked and I don't think one of them had all four ports working. I dunno if Cisco still owns them, but after Cisco bought Linksys, Linksys QC turned to shit.

But anyway, Network/System Admin is cake, for the most part, although there are some days you get stretched pretty thin, depending on how many other IT folks work with you.
Quote by CodeMonk
Off and on, over the last 20 years or so, I've worked a lot of IT jobs, including my own business on the weekends doing IT stuff.
User config and fixing connectivity issues are easy, shit I could do in my sleep, or even falling down, vomiting drunk. and comprise like 90% of what is done.
Especially is you use those crappy Linksys routers. I had like 50 of the 4 port ones on the floor I worked and I don't think one of them had all four ports working. I dunno if Cisco still owns them, but after Cisco bought Linksys, Linksys QC turned to shit.

But anyway, Network/System Admin is cake, for the most part, although there are some days you get stretched pretty thin, depending on how many other IT folks work with you.
Also depends on how pants-on-head retarded the non-IT people who work there are, because they'll prove to you day in, day out that as soon as you implement a foolproof solution for anything, the fools become more creative in their idiocy.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Also depends on how pants-on-head retarded the non-IT people who work there are, because they'll prove to you day in, day out that as soon as you implement a foolproof solution for anything, the fools become more creative in their idiocy.

No shit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former;. Albert Einstein
This really applies to ANY computer related work I have done.