What are your favourite and least favourite Strat combinations?

I love an Olympic white, rosewood fretboard and a mint green pickguard. Anything surf green as well

Least favourite would definitely have to be an all black Strat with a rosewood fretboard, however if that was maple (David Gilmour style), i'd be all over it. Also, anything with a big 70's headstock really ruins it for me.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
I don't like the 70's headstocks either. I also don't like painted headstocks. I like my nicely aged Olympic white, white pickguard and maple best. Surf green is pretty nice too. I don't like white pickguards unless its white or green or similar colors.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/

I'm a sucker for sunburst, tortoise shell pickguard and a rosewood board

I will finally attach the tortoise shell guard I have had for mine for about a year when I stop being a lazy shit and can be bothered buying a set of zebra humbuckers from Iron Gear and a whole new wiring system and pots to install in my Strat.

All the hardware and other stuff is done, just need to do the electronics now.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
I'm not a big fan of Strats . Finish colors would be the least of my interests in any case.
I love the 70's over-sized headstock, rosewood fretboard of course, sonic or daphne blue with white pearl pickguard. Add black pick-ups and nobs to really make it pop.
Maple fretboard for strats. I have a Mayan Aztec Gold and maple neck.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Anything with color would be better looking than my Olympic White Strat. Such a boring thing to look at.
My favorite is my ocean blue American strat with a maple fretboard. I think Fender also has a nice blue finish that the wood grain shows through on their high end guitars. I also don't like the 70's headstock. Least favorite would be anything with a tortoise shell pick guard.
Best:
Olympic Pearl w/ Tortoise Pickguard and Maple neck
Natural w/ White Pickguard and Rosewood neck

Totally biased as that's what I own

Worst? Greatly depends but I have never been a big fan of the Candy Apple Red strats, any variation.
Last edited by Dinglebuttz at Jun 22, 2016,

Not that I have one of these or anything...
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I generally don't like strats with RW boards.

Everything else is gorgeous.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R

+1 i don't like fenders with rosewood fretboards.

i have a pair of mexi strats that have maple fretboards, and three american teles all with maple fretboards.

and one fender showmaster with rosewood. that is OK though since it is a different bird.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
H4T3BR33D3R

i have a pair of mexi strats that have maple fretboards, and three american teles all with maple fretboards.

and one fender showmaster with rosewood. that is OK though since it is a different bird.

Yeah it just looks so wrong to me when you rock RW on them. Gotta rock the classic maple

It's like when they were using RW on LP Customs for a little bit or whatever they were using on the Classic Customs. Looks way wrong.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
To me, any guitar that has maple fretboard looks wrong plus rosewood is just a better material for the purpose(ebony is better yet). Maple looks nice for the neck though and the rw fretboard makes for a beautiful 2-tone piece.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I am ambivalent towards this statement.

Worst Strat combo for me is a white pickguard on black; anything else, no matter how much I dislike it, can only come second to that utter dullness. White on white of any kind isn't great for me and I never really like sunburst but it fits in some iconic '60s looks.

Great Strat combos for me
- Olympic white or sonic blue with black pickguard
- Tortoiseshell on arctic or Olympic white, black, or sonic blue
- Sherwood green and fiesta red with white* pickguard, maple board and matching headcaps

*By white I mean mint green or parchment or whatever; "pure" white throws off any Strat look to my eye.

My favourite looks are '60s (I like the blank space where the truss rod nut/walnut plug would be) but hardware/headstock-wise I'll take anything up to the return of the small headstock.

Also I'm actually a Tele guy, so
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jun 23, 2016,