I'm new to electric guitars and I have decided to upgrade from my first one because it is borderline terrible. I normally wouldn't upgrade without knowing how to play first, but the one I have won't stay in tune, and doesn't sound that great. I found a mint condition Ltd mh 1000nt see thru blue with seymour duncans. It's a 2014 model and the sale includes a hard shell guitar case for $550 total. Also I noticed that the 2013 model and earlier looks slightly different that the 2014 and later, is there any quality difference? I already know that I prefer the sound of seymour duncans over emgs and I aspire to eventually play metal, hard rock, prog rock, and possibly jazz. I just wanted to see if you guys think its a pretty good deal, or if I should keep looking. Thanks.
$550 with a case is a fair price IMO. If you really like the guitar go for it.

I typically see non EC series 1000 go for around that price and sometimes a bit more. You can typically get an EC-1000 for around $400 - $500 and sometimes that includes the case.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I figured it was a decent price I just wanted to check to make sure I wasn't screwing myself over.
If it has an ESP case those are over $100 typically. Of course try to bargain them down!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .