any thoughts on the epiphone in question, I've recently sen it eat a music store and found it quite well, the only thing that kept me from buying was the bridge was already lighting off the top, when i asked a worker he said it was a demo acoustic and it was normal and could be fixed if i bought the guitar, was perplexed by that, but i wanted to know if anyone else has come into issues with epiphone acoustics, i like the fact is a solid top, and the fact that is quite loud,thanks in advance and rock on
Quote by tequilatalking
any thoughts on the epiphone in question, I've recently sen it eat a music store and found it quite well, the only thing that kept me from buying was the bridge was already lighting off the top, when i asked a worker he said it was a demo acoustic and it was normal and could be fixed if i bought the guitar, was perplexed by that, but i wanted to know if anyone else has come into issues with epiphone acoustics, i like the fact is a solid top, and the fact that is quite loud,thanks in advance and rock on
Yeah, solid top acoustic are very often quite loud as compared to their laminated top counterparts.

Gibson's "AJ", ("advanced jumbo"), shape also has good projection. By the way, the common name in use with players for this shape is, "slope shoulder dreadnought".

Moving on, NO, it is NOT normal for the bridge to be lifting at all! The reality is, you really shouldn't be able to slide an ordinary piece of paper between the bridge and the guitar's top, period.

My advice to you is this: if you like this guitar, buy one of its type from one of our major online dealers. Musician's Friend has a 45 day return policy, Sweetwater and zZounds both allow returns up to 30 days. In either case, that's plenty of time to allow you to feel comfortable with it, or worst case, decide to send it back.

Epiphone has been having their acoustics checked and the setups tweaked here in the US. I haven't had to touch the two Epi's (EJ-200-SCE Left Hand) I bought online and I've had them for well over a year.

BTW, I believe those dealers ship to Canada.

EDIT: I checked and M'sF will ship that Epi to you in Canada.

One point I missed. If you've spent time with that instrument and it does the trick for you, then that's what you should buy. Everybody is going to have an opinion on what you should buy, they bought, and what "sounds better", and what have you. Epiphone has changed their acoustic OEM, (for the most part, I think), to Samick in Indonesia. The QC and their build quality has been quite good. That said, "you have nothing to fear but fear itself", about buying one.
thanks, i already checked online and will be picking up a aj-220s tomorrow, kinda funny cause of all places i found a good price at a best buy, gonna go for it, when i first saw the model it was a natural finish but I'm gonna try and find a sunburst. looks beautiful online, hope it looks as good in person
Quote by tequilatalking
when i first saw the model it was a natural finish but I'm gonna try and find a sunburst. looks beautiful online, hope it looks as good in person
Well, I can only speak fro my experience. As I started to say earlier, I bought both color options of the left handed EL-200-SCE, natural and sunburst.

I bought the all blonde (maple) natural finish one first, as I had the same trepidation that you do about the sunburst. The guitar is perfect. These are classified, "limited editions" due to their left hand orientation. I waited a couple of months ans said to myself, "what the hell,they're not going to around forever, and most likely won't ever be back". So, I ordered the sunburst model. The finish looked like shit on M'sF's website. When the guitar came, it had a lot more red in the burst than the almost "tobacco burst" in the picture. Then, when you get it under some decent incandescent light, the red and yellow really pop, and the guitar looks spectacular. :Y: Hopefully, your experience will be at least similar, maybe better. Best of luck. Come back and let us know when you get it.
thanks for the info fellow pickers, went to a best buy and a long and mcquade here in canada, although i liked the aj220 and a hummingbird pro i checked out, i decided to go with a epiphany masterbilt aj-45, about twice the price of the 220s but i found it well worth it, all solid instead of just a top, and the sound isn't as boomy, just the right amount of timber i like, which i found odd as there pretty much the same size, already set it up myself and going to be installing a LR Braggs lyric pickup very soon, feel like a kid on christmas
congrats! the masterbilts are nice guitars, resonant with good tone, and i was easily able to hear the difference between them and the solid top epis. many guitars that are the exact same size have different tones, which is why there are so many different guitars

enjoy your christmas in june
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!