Particularly one with stock Grover tuners..

I'v been messing around with mine in drop A for laughs, and right now I have a set of D'addario baritone lights (13-62) and of course the 62 is a little floppy. The whole set is maybe a little tighter than 10s in standard, but it doesn't look like I can fit much more than the 62 on those damn stubby tuners.

I surprisingly don't have a lot of fret buzz, even clean it only comes through the amp when strumming hard up high on the neck. Intonation is close enough for me, but if I don't watch my heavy hand the low A will swing a bit sharp.

I'm thinking a 70 will solve it, but I have never used anything 60 or above until recently, so I have no idea how much bigger a 70 will be, or if it fits.

If someone has stuck a 70 on an LP with grovers without issue, I will go ahead and order a single.
Last edited by Liaztraht at Jun 21, 2016,
60 is probably the biggest you can get into a stock Grover without modifications.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
60 is probably the biggest you can get into a stock Grover without modifications.

Well I have a 62 in there now, and a little bit of wiggle room.
Try it a .70 and see if it'll work then. It's just a string anyway, it's not a big purchase etc...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've seen several different Grover mechanical drawings, each with a different callout for string hole size. I expect it depends on the exact model.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I guess haha. May as well get a few between 60 and 70. And another 62 just incase they don't fit.
I have fresh strings right now, which is why I figured I'd ask before bothering ordering singles.
Thanks man!
Quote by Arby911
I've seen several different Grover mechanical drawings, each with a different callout for string hole size. I expect it depends on the exact model.

Mine are the standard rotomatics. On an epi. It's mostly winding space i'm running out of.
Last edited by Liaztraht at Jun 21, 2016,
Quote by Liaztraht
Mine are the standard rotomatics. On an epi. It's mostly winding space i'm running out of.

If they are 102's or 103's, they should have a .087 hole. Can't help with the winding space, use the lift and lock method to minimize required wraps.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
If they are 102's or 103's, they should have a .087 hole. Can't help with the winding space, use the lift and lock method to minimize required wraps.

Well they are 102s. So that means a 70 should fit. I will try it with the lift and lock. Thanks!