I currently have a Esp ltd ec -331 and was looking for offers for it or trades. I got offered a zakk wylde epiphone with Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Is it worth to trade my Esp for this epiphone?
Also does anyone know the value of my guitar or a worthy trade for my guitar?
Thanks
Never heard of a EC-331, but I'm gonna guess it's something in between EC-256 and EC-401. If so it might be a fair trade, you might even be getting a better quality guitar out of it.
BUT as I said before I'm not familiar with EC-331.
The other thing is you should play the Epiphone before you decide because even if it's better than what you have right now, you might not like it. At the end of the day it's all a matter of preference.
Last edited by tsc86 at Jun 23, 2016,
Monetarily, I'd venture to say it would be a modest gain on your end if you were to trade. Maybe like a $100 or so difference in value?

As far as how they play goes, they're somewhat different beasts. I've played other EC-series models, and generally, they have thinner, more shred-friendly necks, and slimmer, lighter bodies than Epiphone/Gibson Les Pauls, which are the more traditional design (Heavier bodies, and can have fairly slim, or thicker necks, depending on the model). You'd have to play the ZW LP to decide if it's for you or not.
The neck on the ZW should be fairly comparable to the EC as it is the Epi 'thin' neck, big difference will be in the body, it will be thicker and heavier than the EC. Play it and see what you think, also read up on the Epi, the Zakk Wylde is a popular model for knock offs, read up so you can spot if its legit or not.