New mid-priced (low-mid lol) Ibby guitar I bought for about $400...souped it up and it plays like butter

As a rule, I'd rather buy cheaper/mid priced guitars and work on/customize/upgrade them myself than buy higher end ones ...way more fun

Got to say the electronics were crappy out of the box. The volume knob bled when turned down, output jack cut out intermittently & bridge pup had it's ground wire loose...had to solder another ground to the baseplate. Having said that the instrument itself was very well finished & decently set up. Well set/cut nut, no sharp fret ends/minimal buzz, tight neck pocket, nice and resonant etc. So I gutted it, switched from the 500k mini pots to fullsized 250k volume/500k tone ..swapped out the green chiclet tone cap for a .047uf russian PIO..put my fave bridge p'up (Lace Alumitone Deathbucker) in along with a pair of new single coils (non-staggered Buff Beauty's) from Rose pickups ...worked on the action/set intonation etc & now it's a shred machine ..not to mention pretty to look at

Jam with my AMT Stonehead ..testing all pickup positions (bluesy shred):

Last edited by GodOfEmptyness at Jun 21, 2016,
Congrats on the axe!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Congrats
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cool looking Ibanez man! HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.