Hello,
I'm hoping to buy my first electric guitar within the next few days and I'm pretty set on the Squier affinity strats because it's the most that I can afford and I love the look of the strats. I have no experience with them at all so I've asked around and I've been told by people from different guitar shops that the HSS is the way to go for rock or punk music and I quite like the sound when the bridge pickup is being used, so I'm most probably going to get a HSS instead of an SSS.
My question is, are the neck and middle pickups on the HSS going to produce the same noise as the SSS?
Thanks
they are noisy unless they use the fender/squier noiseless singles.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by dan_langridge
My question is, are the neck and middle pickups on the HSS going to produce the same noise as the SSS?
Well, not all Strat singlecoils are the same, but broadly speaking yes. If you take two Strats of the same series where one has a bridge humbucker and one has a bridge singlecoil, the neck and mid singlecoils will probably be the same between the two of them.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
K33nbl4d3
Yeah I realized that I had worded that terribly after I wrote it but that's exactly what I meant. That's all I was looking for, thanks heaps
pickups in that squier are going to be the same. vintage fenders had the same pickups used in each position. modern ones tend to have a little variation in output between the middle and neck pups. the bridge tends to have a somewhat higher output.
Quote by AcousticMirror
they are noisy unless they use the fender/squier noiseless singles.

Or emg
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A