Quick question, I have found a Fender Standard Stratocaster (MIM) I can get for the same price as a Squire Classic Vibe 50's I was looking at. On the one hand I can't help thinking the Fender is the better guitar, it says Fender on it and it normally costs more than the Squire. On the other hand I have read several reviews in which the reviewer said the CV series of Squires is every bit as good as the MIM strats, maybe even slightly better. Which would you get everything else being equal?
all else equal - i would go MIM.

they are both nice guitars and you should try out both if you can. there are lemons of both from time to time.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Play both, see which you prefer
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I liked the classic vibe more than mim standard when I was trying strats.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
CV. I own a fantastic MIM that i spent a lot of time looking for and played a lot of melons. Never played a bad CV.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
it really depends on which of the two you prefer. they are both good starting points and overseas construction has gotten much better over the decades.

if you like a glossy neck then the CV is probably what you would prefer, most MIM's have a satin/unfinished feel to them. (which a lot of players prefer).

try them, buy the one you like. the CV's tend to hold their value pretty well on the used market.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
agree that a big part of your decision needs to be about the necks. I really don't care for the glossy necks that the CV has so MIM is the way I'd go (and did). you can't really go wrong with either choice.
On average I've played more good CVs than good MIMs but that's one guys experience. Really it 6 in one hand and a half dozen in the other, whichever plays better is the one.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Well somebody already bought the Fender so the decision has kind of been made for me. I guess I'll be getting the CV.
awesome, nice guitars.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A