Page 1 of 2
Eh, good for them I guess.

Ten years gone is like a million times better.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i like when i tell people i don't care about Led Zeppelin and they look like they're about to have some kind of stroke, then ask "How do you not like Led Zeppelin?" or say "I'm gonna punch you in the face."
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
If anything they should be put on trial for being terrible. Definitely guilty.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
If anything they should be put on trial for being terrible. Definitely guilty.

A 40+ year career with millions of fans. We should all be so terrible.

You're being petty.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Damn hippy doobie musicians always wanna preach liberal peace and sharing and love until they get a hit tune.
Then it's MY SONG!!!!!! NOBODY BETTER B GETTING PAID TO DO MY COLLECTION OF SOUNDS IN THIS SPECIFIC ORDER!!!!!! MINE !!!!! MINE!!!! MINE!!!!!
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jun 23, 2016,
It seems like the prosecution wasn't very good and a little soft. They should have given the defendants no quarter.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Jun 23, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
Damn hippy doobie musicians always wanna preach liberal peace and sharing and love until they get a hit tune.
Then it's MY SONG!!!!!! NOBODY BETTER GETTING PAID TO DO MY COLLECTION OF SOUNDS IN THIS SPECIFIC ORDER!!!!!! MINE !!!!! MINE!!!! MINE!!!!!

After Janet Jackson got what at the time was the largest recording contract in history ($32 million) she sang on the soundtrack to the movie "Mo' Money".

Her song?

"The Best Things In Life Are Free"

Charles Darwin
I'm just gonna say that the guy who wrote the GoT opening theme definitely ripped off this one melodic line from Song of Storms.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
I'm just gonna say that the guy who wrote the GoT opening theme definitely ripped off this one melodic line from Song of Storms.
holy shit.

i hear it now.

(Song of Storms also sounds a lot like that one from Willy Wonka)
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
maybe if they had ripped something off when writing Stairway, it wouldn't have ended up such a boring song
Why stuff like this matters.

From Spider Robinsons' exceptional short story "Melancholy Elephants", which can be found for free at
http://www.spiderrobinson.com/melancholyelephants.html

"There are eighty-eight notes. One hundred and seventy-six, if your ear is good enough to pick out quarter tones. Add in rests and so forth, different time signatures. Pick a figure for maximum number of notes a melody can contain. I do not know the figure for the maximum possible number of melodies--too many variables--but I am sure it is quite high.

"I am certain that it is not infinity.

"For one thing, a great many of those possible arrays of eighty-eight notes will not be perceived as music, as melody, by the human ear. Perhaps more than half. They will not be hummable, whistleable, listenable--some will be actively unpleasant to hear. Another large fraction will be so similar to each other as to be effectively identical: if you change three notes of the Moonlight Sonata, you have not created something new. "
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jun 23, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
A 40+ year career with millions of fans. We should all be so terrible.

You're being petty.

doesn't mean that their music is good

you're being overly sentimental to the "good" old days
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

you're being overly sentimental to the "good" old days

Aren't u like a folk singer or something?
EyeNon15 i am something alright
Quote by theogonia777
EyeNon15 i am something alright

Theo is very open-minded, believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Theo is very open-minded, believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

now you're getting it
Quote by Arby911
After Janet Jackson got what at the time was the largest recording contract in history ($32 million) she sang on the soundtrack to the movie "Mo' Money".

Her song?

"The Best Things In Life Are Free"

Quote by Arby911
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/06/23/jury-finds-led-zeppelin-did-not-steal-intro-to-rock-epic-stairway-to-heaven.html

As if that wasn't obvious already. Nuisance lawsuit.

Now about all that other shit they stole...

A least they aren't "stealing" Justin Beiber and Niki Minaj stuff.
probably because they were too busy having their way with 14 year old sex slaves

Stairway is not my favorite Zeppelin song. I'd rather here Nobody's Fault but Mine or anything from Physical Graffiti. It's not a bad tune but at least here in the States it is waaaaaaay overplayed on the radio.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 24, 2016,
Quote by Evilnine
Stairway is not om favorite Zeppelin song. I'd rather here Nobody's Fault but Mine or anything from Physical Graffiti. It's not a bad tune but at least here in the States it is waaaaaaay overplayed on the radio.

What stations are you listening to that are playing Stairway? AM...
Charles Darwin
Quote by CodeMonk
And mudsharks.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Arby911
Quote by Arby911

Meh any Station that plays classic rock, plus it has been overplayed on rock stations for decades. Anyway most AM stations are stereo now

I mostly listen to the CD player in my truck I was burned out on Stairway years ago.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 23, 2016,
Never really saw this as much of a ripoff, It's just a similar chord progression. Even if Led Zeppelin did get the idea from this song, it's not like they ripped it off note from note, stairway is played differently.
Quote by Evilnine
Meh any Station that plays classic rock, plus it has been overplayed on rock stations for decades. Anyway most AM stations are stereo now

I mostly listen to the CD player in my truck I was burned out on Stairway years ago.

I don't listen to conventional broadcast radio much anymore (mostly Satellite) but I haven't heard Stairway in...several years at least.

Even on XM's Classic Rock, Deep Tracks, Boneyard etc, I've not heard it.

I'm not saying it's not been played, but for me it's been a while. I hear Kashmir and Black Dog occasionally, and Heartbreaker (my favorite to play) once in a while though.
Charles Darwin
Literally every blues-based band plagiarizes. They just throw the same 16 bars on and put "feelz" on top of it with their guitar and call it a new song. But Achilles Last Stand (anything from HotH really) is pretty GOAT
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 23, 2016,
I thought I already made a dad rock thread
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 2