Hello fellow guitar enthusiasts!

I have recently obtained an Ibanez RG721RW-CNF six string and was looking for a new set of pickups to put in it as the stock ones sound a bit naff. I already have a BKP Juggernaut in my 7 string which sounds amazing however are the blackhawks worth the money being over £200, or would I be able to find something cheaper which is just as good? I saw misha mansoor demo a set of blackhawks in a video and loved the tone and clarity. So are they worth the hefty fee or would a pair or dimarzio or seymour duncans for less be a better option.

Cheers
I haven't tried the blackhawks, this is just general advice. there are definitely hand/scatterwound pickups available for less money than bkps (oil city, catswhisker, mojo in northern ireland (confusingly there's a dearer mojo in england), deacci, regentone, jesse loureiro in spain, probably loads more but those are off the top of my head). I haven't tried them, but as far as i'm aware they have a good rep (search on google or other guitar forums). Problem is, do any of them offer a 7-string model which does what those BKPs do? BKP does seem to do quite a bit more of the modern style pickups than a lot of the other handwinders- if you know the blackhawks are exactly what you want and no-one else does a pickup like that, then I guess the BKPs are worth it. If someone else does something as good for less money, then not so much.

I realise that's not much help, sorry.

EDIT: I've also heard some good things about entwistles- they're very cheap, not UK-handwound though. But some of those good things I heard were from former BKP fanboys so Again, I haven't tried them myself.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 23, 2016,
I have tried a lot of pickups. If you really like bkp, I don't think you will find a cheaper set thats sounds exactly the same or as good.

That being said, the metal oriented sets from sd are very very good.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
^ sd? stephens design? seymour duncan?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ ah, i haven't tried those newer models. i'm not that fussed on most of duncan's older high gain models, if i were sticking to the big two i normally seem to prefer dimarzio for the more modern style pickups (but duncan for the more vintage stuff usually).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?