Poll Options
View poll results: Good song?
It sucks :y:
11 85%
I like it (I also have no taste)
2 15%
Voters: 13.
Page 1 of 2
So apparently Fallout Boy and Missy Elliott have teamed up make this steaming turd

Thoughts?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
The damage control on this entire project is going to be pretty high I think!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
The damage control on this entire project is going to be pretty high I think!

It's somewhat brilliant though, because they've got the massive feminist bandwagon rolling with it.

If people love it, it's a huge win for feminism and a blow to the patriarchy etc etc,

If people hate it, it's rampant sexism and proof of rape culture and shitlords and such.

I doubt I'll go and see it, because the dialogue in the trailers to me is just incredibly crap and enough to put me off it. I think the producers tried too hard to be progressive with it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Haven't heard it but if it's anything like other fall out boy songs then I don't want to hear it
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by mattedbird
needs some country in the mix

Needs more Cowbell
And less Fallout Boy
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
much like the new movie, i'm going to pretend it doesn't exist and do my best to avoid seeing any more than i have to.

and i already had to sit through a trailer at the theater last weekend.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Hey, AVGN is a fucking sexist piece of shit for refusing to see it fuck him and his entire brigand of sexist pig dog bitches

fucking losers stop hating on feminism
The first Ghostbusters was mediocre and I expect the new version to be just as good.

this theme music is dreadful though.
Fuck missy elliott is still around?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Fuck missy elliott is still around?

I know right? I thought a drug overdose had claimed her years ago
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
can i change my name to Vinz Clortho?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
new ghostbuster looks terrible

guess that makes me a shitlord or something, idk the original wasn't that great anyway
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
new ghostbuster looks terrible

guess that makes me a shitlord or something, idk the original wasn't that great anyway

The original was a nice fun Saturday night family movie......somehow it's become some massive cult favourite despite it being quite tacky....the reboot is going to be just as shit. As I said above, the dialogue is so forced and cringey it just sounds awful.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
shoulda just skipped 30 secs into this video and used this track instead

^

Quote by chrismendiola
Fall Out Boy fell off so hard, sheesh. It might be worse than hoe hard Coldplay fell.

right? their new sound makes my ears cry

oh well, at least we still have the mmrs

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Jun 24, 2016,
Quote by i_lovemetallica
The original was a nice fun Saturday night family movie......somehow it's become some massive cult favourite despite it being quite tacky....the reboot is going to be just as shit. As I said above, the dialogue is so forced and cringey it just sounds awful.
tackiness and cult status go hand in hand tho.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
tackiness and cult status go hand in hand tho.

True, perhaps I should have framed that better, people bang on like Ghostbusters is a cinematic/comedic masterpiece, when it's far from it. It's a cheap and tacky 1980's sci fi that just happens to have Bill Murray in it, it was entertaining, but most people if you ask them about the movies really know nothing apart from the first few lines of the theme song and the Mr Stay Puft character at the end.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
True, perhaps I should have framed that better, people bang on like Ghostbusters is a cinematic/comedic masterpiece, when it's far from it. It's a cheap and tacky 1980's sci fi that just happens to have Bill Murray in it, it was entertaining, but most people if you ask them about the movies really know nothing apart from the first few lines of the theme song and the Mr Stay Puft character at the end.
You have to put the original Ghostbusters into context.

That context being Ghostbusters 2 and the various cartoon shit sandwiches.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal

That's like saying Sharknado 1 was amazing, because Sharknado 2 & 3 were complete shite.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
unfair comparison. Bill Murray has only been in one totally unwatchable turd off the top of my head and its not either of the ghostbusters movies.

(its garfield)
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Why all the hate for Ghostbusters 2? I quite liked it...
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Why all the hate for Ghostbusters 2? I quite liked it...

DId you go and watch the Star Wars prequels for this superb bit of character development?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
That's like saying Sharknado 1 was amazing, because Sharknado 2 & 3 were complete shite.
No, because Sharknado is unlikely to be voted the 28th funniest film of all time by the AFI.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, because Sharknado is unlikely to be voted the 28th funniest film of all time by the AFI.

I dunno man, with enough alcohol, it's hilarious.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
With enough alcohol, an Adam Sandler movie is watchable.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by i_lovemetallica
and ketamine makes spider-man 3 enthralling
Quote by slapsymcdougal
With enough alcohol, an Adam Sandler movie is watchable.

As long as that alcohol is pure ethyl alchol and it causes me to develop cirrhosis and die before it starts, then yes.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I have now listened to 31 seconds of that song, and it was to my ears what Auschwitz was to the Jews.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Random3
Well, now we know what their target audience is.

I actually have no idea who the target audience for that film is supposed to be.

Feminists.

I'm not saying it to be a shitlord, that's literally what they're going for. There have been no accolades given for this film's plot, character development, soundtrack, CGI, nothing. All the hype is based around the fact that there are 4 female characters instead of 4 men because "OH MY GOSH ISN'T THAT EXCITING AND STUFF WE ARE DESTROYING THE PATRIARCHY AND ALL THE SHITLORDS MUAHAHAHA"

Scratch more than 1mm under the surface and it's hardly anything original.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
What an artless piece of piss.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Feminists.

I'm not saying it to be a shitlord, that's literally what they're going for.

That's the thing. That seems like the obvious choice but something doesn't seem right with it.

They take a classic film from the 80s. That suggests the target audience might be older people in their 30s and 40s who liked the original, and their kids who may not have seen it.

They "modernise" it with an all-female cast. That suggests the target audience might be feminists.

They replace the classic theme with a song by a pop-punk band that peaked 11 years ago, and a rapper I know nothing about. That suggests the target audience might be 15-25 year old alternative/hipster kids.

I am willing to bet none of these three groups will find anything of value with this movie if the trailers are anything to go by.
Fair point, I actually didn't think of it in that manner.

I think they may be trying to cover too wide a target audience, trying to make something that will please everyone.

The trailer still holds the record on Youtube as being the most disliked movie trailer of all time.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
do not call fall out boy a pop punk band pls
Page 1 of 2