Meh. If you find a good deal on a used ME80, maybe. What is your goal with a multifx? Do you need amp models? A looper? User saved patches? Do you value simplicity?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
lucky1978Simplicity, and on a budget mostly. My want list of stomp boxes runs around 800.
I love the freeze effect in the ME-25, which is also in the ME_80. For that alone I'd like to pick up a used ME-80 sometime.
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 25, 2016,
Imo the Zoom G3 is the best "bang for buck" mfx. At about $80, the Boss ME50 is an excellent option imo too but it doesn't have all the useful features of the G3.

I'm a fan of simplicity myself and trust me, the G3 is very easy to use despite it being loaded with features. Its a very intuitively designed mfx.

If you check out the ME80 and dig it, don't sweat getting it. What works for some is different for others, you truly won't know what you want til you find it.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Is there anyway to "lock" the control knobs on the ME 80 so that I don't accidentally change the settings on my patches while going back and forth between pedals?