i am looking at a few bugera amps as a way to save money instead of buying the amps that i believe they are clones of, the amps I'm looking at are a bugera V55HD Head, a bugera 1990 Infinium and a TriRec Infinium, Te amps i believe they are ripping off are a fender hot rod deluxe, a marshall jcm900 and a mesa triple rectifier. pretty much if i buy the heads and cabs from bugera all together it'll come up to a little over $3500, but if i buy the originals the price may be up too $9000. as a means to be thrifty I'm debating to just buy the clones but I've heard plenty of bad things on bugera in the past, any one here play through these and can give me input on there reliability?
tequilatalking Bugera amps are garbage. The higher end ones may be a bit better, but I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth when I bought the 333XL, and it subsequently burnt out 30 minutes into playing. On a good note, it made up my mind quickly, and I finally splurged on a high end amp.

I definitely get the allure, but why not get one good amp? I'm sure everyone here would love to have a ton of amps, and the Fender, Marshall, and Mesa all sound different enough to justify, but practically, I think you would be better off picking one of those amps and buying it. Personally, if I had to choose between what you are looking at I'd get the mesa. The Fender is perfect for clean tones, the mesa is the most rounded.

Just my two cents. I hope whatever you decide to get, you're happy with!
from my experience the bugeras sound decent, but the consensus seems to be that they're prone to taking a dump on you at the worst times. my only real personal experience to support that claim would be the local shop at the last town i lived in would constantly have bugeras in for repair, but the guys there seemed pretty sick of seeing them (not sure why though, it was giving them business).

with that budget and goal i would be taking a look at kemper before buying bugera clones.
Bugera get a lot of hate for reliability ^see above^.

But from my experience (had a 333XL combo until I sold it a month ago, and still use a 333 as a power amp for my PodHD500) I haven't had any major issues with them. Their footswitches are quite flimsy though.

Sound wise very very good for the money, just depends if you get a good unit or not I guess
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I've never had a problem with mine (I have a 333XL head and cab) and I've had it for 7 years now. As far as tone goes, it sounds fantastic with the right set of tubes and a proper bias. In fact, a friend of mine actually preferred the 333XL to the Peavey JSX (which is the amp it's a clone of) so much that he now mainly uses Bugera amps. And I don't think he's ever had any problems either.
A lot of the reliability issue fears are caused by the fact that when Bugs fail, they often do so fantastically.

I'm not sure at this point how bad or good the QC is, but the original run was pretty rough, as were the first Infinium models. I very much buy into the idea that you get what you pay for, and for that reason I'm still a bit weary, but if a Trirec came up for the right price I'd probably pick it up.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I have two Bugera 6262s, and a Bugera 333. And yes, I think they do serve great justice to the originals. I tried a Peavey XXX and 6505+ at guitar center and was shocked at how similar the tones were (there are also comparison videos on youtube).

Unfortunately, there is some truth to the reliability issues. If you are afraid of electronics, or arent willing to deal with customer service, then it might not be worth the risk. But if you are anything like me and have spare fuses, tubes, and electric parts around then they are absolutely worth it. One of my 6262s came with a dead fuse- after replacing it, it had worked fine since. My other 6262 has always been fine. My 333 had the tranny clip issue- i soldered it direct and it has been working fine for about 6 years now.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

As far as tone goes, yes. Though they are not 1/1 accurate (definetly inferior transformers. Maybe some component value differences too?) but its close enough to hear what its based on. Just check out Ola's Bugera 6262 vs 5150 II and you can tell its essentially the same bloody thing, except you cant adjust Resonance in the Bugera equivalent.

Only Trirec sounds noticeably different from its counterpart. If I remember correctly Bugera and Mesa had some legal armwrestling going on some time ago so that might be why. Dunno for sure.

Regarding quality, its hit and miss. If you are looking for cheap practice amp on a budget, go for it but only if it comes with a warranty. Definetly not giggable without a reliable backup amp. Mine, 1.5 years old non-infinium model, is working fine so far except the Standby light never worked out of the box and just a while ago the power light died too. But otherwise the amp works fine and I use it actively for practice playing, probably loos wires in the LED section I guess. We'll see if it goes up in flames soon enough.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by dementiacaptain
A lot of the reliability issue fears are caused by the fact that when Bugs fail, they often do so fantastically.

Try dealing with customer support at Behringer/Bugera, it is a nightmare. Try dealing with cust. support at Mesa (if you ever need to and most likely you never will), and then you'll see the difference.
Yeah Mesa customer service is incredible. They get you exactly what you need and quickly.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by diabolical

Try dealing with customer support at Behringer/Bugera, it is a nightmare. Try dealing with cust. support at Mesa (if you ever need to and most likely you never will), and then you'll see the difference.

I've only had to deal with Bugera once but they did what needed to be done without any hassles at all.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
thanks guys, i have decided to go for the bugera 1990 infinitum for the moment and save up for the mesa, i was thinking about just getting a mini rec but it would too small for a band setup, I've actually played through a bugera 1990 before and it sounded really good, as for the reliability issues its gonna be a test i goes to see if i should buy more or not, gotta see for myself, i always get two separate opinions on the bugeras, now I'm salivating over the thought of a mesa dual rec no w
i wouldn't ever buy a bugera. why?

you can find a JSX used cheaper than a new buera.
a 5150 can be found at the same price as a used bugera.
you can find used mesa recs for the same price as a new bugera.

[as close as i remember] i paid $320 for my JSX, $500 for my 5150 (block letter), and ~$700ish for my tremoverb. all are bulletproof. period. no problems, and will probably not have any problems.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup

[as close as i remember] i paid $320 for my JSX, $500 for my 5150 (block letter), and ~$700ish for my tremoverb. all are bulletproof. period. no problems, and will probably not have any problems.

I paid $229 (shipped) for a new 6262 with warranty.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I paid $229 (shipped) for a new 6262 with warranty.

I believe you spammed the WTLT thread about this time last year which made me recommend it to some friends.

In addition, the 2-4 year-old 6260, 1990, and 6262 that I got from MF/GC for $200 are still alive and kicking and heavily gigged or serving as back-ups to other friends' rigs. The longevity of their usefulness may be unusual; however, for the price of a nice pedal, it's stupid not to get one or four.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Yea, this isnt true at all. I have seen some JSXs sell fairly cheap and Id probably rather have a JSX than a 333xl all things being equal - however, in general the Bugeras are much cheaper and are totally worth it. I got both of my 6262s for $250 each, and they totally satisfy my 6505+ itch. The 6262 is a great amp, although the clean kinda blows (just like the 6505+ lol)
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

my bad on the prices. i should have looked harder.

ATM on MF they have a 333xl open box for $439, $435 for a 6260 open box.

that is what i based my prices on. should have looked harder.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/