Page 1 of 2
The first time when someone calls you a racist it scares you, you start thinking, maybe i should change my behavior, maybe i have bad thoughts.
But if it happens on daily basis you stop caring about it. I don't care if somebody tells me i'm racist. Not any more.
Heil Wodan!
Quote by x0vincent0x
The first time when someone calls you a racist it scares you, you start thinking, maybe i should change my behavior, maybe i have bad thoughts.
But if it happens on daily basis you stop caring about it. I don't care if somebody tells me i'm racist. Not any more.

lmao ever think maybe you're the problem if you're getting called a racist on a daily basis?

Quote by MinterMan22
lmao ever think maybe you're the problem if you're getting called a racist on a daily basis?

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by MinterMan22

hey at least he has come to terms and accepted that he is a racist
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by MinterMan22

"The more people call me a racist, the less I believe it."
Free Ali
Free Lard

My thoughts exactly
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"
The Leave campaign was undeniably based in large part on fearmongering. The poster boy Farage is undeniably the racist leader of a racist party. Not every Leave voter did so because of racist fears about immigration, but you can guarantee that every racist voted Leave. It's not an unfair accusation.
I find it hilarious when people get offended when you point out that something they've said/done is racist

"THIS IS TORTURE!!! HOW COULD YOU???"

it's kind of like when people made a big fuss about critiques on rape jokes as a "violation of one's freedom of speech" - no one is stopping them from saying that kind of shit, meanwhile they are so butthurt that people don't find it funny that they feel oppressed.

you can be racist if you want to
you can tell rape jokes if you want to
but most people are gonna think you're a dick and avoid you.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Maybe if you progressives would stop motherfucking half of your own countries you could maybe persuade people. Calling people racists/bigots/xenophobes doesn't work because those words don't mean anything anymore. The inference that 52% of the UK are a bunch of racists is highfalutin conspiratorial garbage.
Quote by Rossenrot
Calling people racists/bigots/xenophobes doesn't work because those words don't mean anything anymore

would you mind clarifying what you mean by this?

if you're implying that those words do not have value as a critique anymore, can you explain how they had more value before?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

but to throw something interesting into the mix, Rossy does have a point (well maybe, idk if this was what he was meaning to say or not but I'm going with it) :

I cite a few different studies very often, mostly dealing with presenting different facts and statistics to people of specific belief systems, especially those that directly oppose those belief systems, and seeing how they respond. in most cases, folks adhere even more strongly to their belief system afterward.

https://www.dartmouth.edu/~nyhan/nyhan-reifler.pdf
http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/20768-new-study-analyzes-why-people-are-resistant-to-correcting-misinformation-offers-solutions

could explain how terribly the partisan system conflict has escalated in the US - I don't know as much about the case in UK yet but I've been reading up on it more to get a better idea
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Yeah those words used to refer to what their definitions allowed. Now they refer to anyone that disagrees with privileged politics by people who were taught to feel where they're supposed to think. Sorry but most people are tired of that shit; hence the Brexit.
I don't know, Ross. I don't think those words had more meaning before. you'd need to show me some support for that claim to convince me

only decades ago, you could claim that your boss was racist and it would simply get you fired. at this point, you could probably get a court case or file with someone.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I know that in 2005 Kanye West called George Bush a racist and the world stood still. In fact Bush called it the worst moment of his presidency.

Regardless, it's irrelevant what weight they did or did not carry. They're useless sentence fillers now.
tell us more emperor rossie
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Rossenrot
I know that in 2005 Kanye West called George Bush a racist and the world stood still. In fact Bush called it the worst moment of his presidency.

Regardless, it's irrelevant what weight they did or did not carry. They're useless sentence fillers now.

was your original post in response to mine or in response to the general thread?

if it's in response to the thread, ignore the next bit
if it's in response to my post, I was merely poking fun at the second post in the thread, and pointing to a type of reaction I see often (I don't go around calling people racists, despite what carnivean might say lol, but I see these reactions in contexts with other people.) maybe you see it in the forum here a bit. if you point out that what someone has said comes off as racist (ex/ carnivean once said that he is not attracted to any black women and never could be and I, not thinking he'd take it very seriously, pointed out that the statement sounded pretty racist), they often freak the fuck out (as you have probably witnessed lol.)

while I agree that most people don't learn from being called racist or xenophobic, I also don't think that it was once effective and now is not. it's always been ineffective
on the other hand, if you are claiming that people once used to take those critiques seriously and are now unphased by them, I'd think again. people hate being called racist or xenophobic and often react pretty strongly to the claims.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Jun 24, 2016,
Quote by Rossenrot

Fortunately since then people have come to realize that Kanye is just a moron and his words carry no weight at all now, when he opens his mouth everyone expects something idiotic to come out.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 24, 2016,
idk, I kinda get what rossenrot means. You see angry twitter mobs against calling people racist everyday for the most benign crap. If someone called me racist I'd just be like "lol, whatever."
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
idk, I kinda get what rossenrot means. You see angry twitter mobs against calling people racist everyday for the most benign crap. If someone called me racist I'd just be like "lol, whatever."

Words lose their power when used out of context or just plain overused. Words that used to be taken seriously are thrown around so much that they have lost much of their shock value.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Fortunately since then people have come to realize that Kanye is just a moron and his words carry no weight at all now, when he opens his mouth everyone expects something idiotic to come out.

Yeah but Life of Pablo was p good
Quote by Rossenrot
Yeah but Life of Pablo was p good

I don't listen to his music, he is just a pretentious jackass who thinks he is better than everyone and he married a Kartrashian then with the last name of West they named their daughter North, if he was half as smart as he thinks he is he might stand a chance at a run for president in 2020 (no he wouldn't)
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Rossenrot

George Bush confirmed for not caring about 9/11
Racist and such words seem to pop up when the other party has run out of a legitimate argument.
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
The only thing worse than a racist is a nigger.
Quote by Rossenrot
Yeah those words used to refer to what their definitions allowed. Now they refer to anyone that disagrees with privileged politics by people who were taught to feel where they're supposed to think. Sorry but most people are tired of that shit; hence the Brexit.

I kinda feel this, to be honest. A lot of times, people are called racists without the accuser giving second thought to why someone may have the beliefs they have.

I wouldn't call them "useless" or say that they're meaningless now, but I do agree that people ought to be more cautious with accusing people of racism. It could be true, even in the case that it's not so flagrant, but it accomplishes nothing in the end.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jun 24, 2016,
Quote by Evilnine
I don't listen to his music, he is just a pretentious jackass who thinks he is better than everyone and he married a Kartrashian then with the last name of West they named their daughter North, if he was half as smart as he thinks he is he might stand a chance at a run for president in 2020 (no he wouldn't)

Dude... come on now. Kanye West is just dope. His life is dope and he does dope shit

It's obviously a joke (I implore you to read The Autobiography of Malcolm X, as it required reading for all adolescents). He didn't hold a high opinion for white liberals, as he saw that there 'good intentioned' lovey-dovey ways was an affront to perpetuate a sort of 'low-key' racism. (We're fighting to free the slaves! ... but we still hate black people and they can't use our water fountains)
Quote by BelowTheSun
Not every Leave voter did so because of racist fears about immigration, but you can guarantee that every racist voted Leave. It's not an unfair accusation.

'Not everyone who breathes oxygen is a racist but you can guarantee every racist breaths oxygen'.

That's how ridiculous your statement is.

It isn't racist to not want to be governed by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats. It isn't racist to desire control of your own destiny.

I know the UK system of government isn't perfect but leaving the EU is a start to getting us on the right path.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by Fat Lard
It's obviously a joke (I implore you to read The Autobiography of Malcolm X, as it required reading for all adolescents).

i read it freshman year, I just hate that I see it being used by conservatives a lot, as if he was persuading people to vote republican.
Quote by Fat Lard
Dude... come on now. Kanye West is just dope. His life is dope and he does dope shit

OK...

He's a dope that's fo sho!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard
(I implore you to read The Autobiography of Malcolm X, as it required reading for all adolescents)

not at my school, but it was a Catholic school and we had required summer reading for garbage like Whale Talk, which was essentially The Outsiders, but about a swim team. probably because our school won state competitions for swimming nearly every year.

that and they made my English teacher have us read Shakespeare for American Lit.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
She should be locked in a cell with Alex Gray as punishment for her ignorance.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
not all leave voters were racist

but all of the racists were leave voters

and there's a lot of racism/xenophobia in the country. it might not be out in the open but it's there. a lot of hushed whispers, scapegoating and "you can't say that in public" going on. sometimes i even catch myself thinking someone racist and i have to chastise myself.

the first stage of curing it is for us to admit that we as a country are generally a bit racist. let's go from there.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Rossenrot

Why do I bother

EDIT: Btw I actually think you might have a point but you've used it to dismiss what you term 'privileged politics', which is ironic considering who touts those politics.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by vintage x metal
was your original post in response to mine or

if it's in response to the thread, ignore the next bit
if it's in response to my post, I was merely poking fun at the second post in the thread, and pointing to a type of reaction I see often (I don't go around calling people racists, despite what carnivean might say lol, but I see these reactions in contexts with other people.) maybe you see it in the forum here a bit. if you point out that what someone has said comes off as racist (ex/ carnivean once said that he is not attracted to any black women and never could be and I, not thinking he'd take it very seriously, pointed out that the statement sounded pretty racist), they often freak the fuck out (as you have probably witnessed lol.)

while I agree that most people don't learn from being called racist or xenophobic, I also don't think that it was once effective and now is not. it's always been ineffective
on the other hand, if you are claiming that people once used to take those critiques seriously and are now unphased by them, I'd think again. people hate being called racist or xenophobic and often react pretty strongly to the claims.

You have a terrible memory for such a young person lol. Maybe it's all that pot you smoke with your dude?

Here's what I said:
Like I'm not attracted to men, I'm not attracted to black girls either, and I think that's okay. Nothing against black girls, I just simply don't want to bang them. Can't help it, it's not really a choice for me. I don't see how you can call me a racist for that

You're gonna have to get over it. It's not racist. And wtf Vintage. You totally are tumblr'ing me right now.

"I'm not into black girls"
Tumblrite "ANY black girls? HUH? Huh?!"
"Errm"
"ANY?! ANY?! ANY?!" "
"Uhh"
"ANY?! Huh?! ANY?! HUH? ANYYYHY?????!"

FFS Vintage get a grip girl whoaaaaaaa
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by Carnivean
. "I'm not into black girls"
Tumblrite "ANY black girls? HUH? Huh?!"
"Errm"
"ANY?! ANY?! ANY?!" "
"Uhh"
"ANY?! Huh?! ANY?! HUH? ANYYYHY?????!"

this
Quote by loumangroup
Lilly Allen played with racecars, and failed miserabally

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CltlrRiWMAAOt9N.jpg

While the leave campaign wasnt fearmongering and accusing everyone of being bigots, they worked hard and got the number of votes needed.

failed miserabally

/pedant
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by Rossenrot
people who were taught to feel where they're supposed to think.

hahaha you stupid pretentious piece of shit
i don't know why i feel so dry
Page 1 of 2